• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Here's my two guns...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poco47

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy, all!

I'm a new member here and I thought you might like to see my two guns. My first one is a 1.5" swivel gun tube, from South Bend Replica's, mounted on a naval carriage built from drawings in their catalog. It's pretty accurate for a smooth bore though, for the last few years, I generally use it to fire celebratory salutes. This gun gets the most use as it's a fairly easy to load into the back of the pickup. (Please excuse the dust.)

The second is my rough interpretation of a field gun. It has a 3" rifled bore and is a lot of fun to shoot with concrete-filled soup cans. Don't shoot it very much because of the high cost of powder these days.

Here's a photo of the first time I fired it in public.

It was a winter project completed with the help of several friends. Not an exact recreation by any means but not a bad effort fueled by more naive enthusiasm than money.

Nice. Good on ye!
Many years ago, some fellows I knew touched one off out on their farm. Fifteen minutes later, a PA State Police car came flyin' down the lane, lights flashin' and siren wailin'.
Seems they had put a soup can through a barn side, a long ways off. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, and tempers were soothed. But a lesson was learned.

Hadn't thought of that in years.

Remind me to tell you sometime (It's a LONG, LONG, story.) about a group of us "boarding school brats" that built some full-size/live replicas of War of 1812 rockets & DESTROYED a milking parlor on a dairy farm.
(That didn't end up "real purty"!!!)

And then there was Cadet 1LT Mike H__________ (later KIA in RVN as an EOD guy), who nearly blew the whole school up making cannon powder for a 6-inch bore WBTS-style mortar, that our cadet corps had had built.

And then there was -------------.
(My youth was, I'm afraid, "rather mis-spent".)

yours, satx

Latest posts

Back