• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Here we go down the Rabbit hole...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
in some circumstances, they (blackpowder) can be as deadly as modern firearms. 😂

So felons can’t walk into Bass Pro and buy a firearm? How do you do a NICS check without the gun being a firearm?

I moved this thread here because the OP asked me to move it to a place where more people could see it and be aware of what's happening.
I was originally in the American Politics section of the forum and our regulator members can't read threads in that area.

As long as the posts do not get political, I will leave it here. If they start getting political, I'll move it back to where it came from.

So according the the NBC News article ...., I'm impressed that an NBC correspondent can turn on a computer...., they will no longer sell by phone or internet. So the felon then simply drives to a Cabela's and buys the handgun or long gun, in a state where there is not an NCIC background check for BP guns. Then drives home.

OH BTW convicted felons are not only prohibited from modern firearms but also from possession of "components" so the fact the guy bought the powder WAS illegal.

LD

I'm sure the family with their 7 figure payout are now appeased.
It was Cabela's fault! Not the criminal shooter!!
Cause the shooter probably didn't have any money.

They always go for the deepest pockets. That is why they want to do away with the protection to firearms makers so they can go after them.

in some circumstances, they (blackpowder) can be as deadly as modern firearms. 😂

So felons can’t walk into Bass Pro and buy a firearm? How do you do a NICS check without the gun being a firearm?
When was the last time you saw or even heard of a black powder gun being used in a shooting? Street thug drive by types generally aren't in to that stuff and Don't have the knowledge to load them. If youre going to pontificate about the dangers of a Kentucky pistol in gang wars, better get BP and Cabela's to take them very sharp instruments of death off the shelves too. You know, those military style knives that are just too sharp. They're dangerous.

When was the last time you saw or even heard of a black powder gun being used in a shooting? Street thug drive by types generally aren't in to that stuff and Don't have the knowledge to load them. If youre going to pontificate about the dangers of a Kentucky pistol in gang wars, better get BP and Cabela's to take them very sharp instruments of death off the shelves too. You know, those military style knives that are just too sharp. They're dangerous.
Lets also remove baseball bats from the stores, or at least require that they be registered. More people are killed each year in the country with base ball bats than with fire arms.

There's 2 sides to this coin.

I worked a fatality caused by a 50 cal CVA pistol, the guy was as dead as if struck by a 357.

My FTO was serving a felony warrant, they went thru the door, bad guy pulled a 1858 from couch cushions and fired 2 rounds at them before a hail of 9mm bullets stopped him.

Down here LOTS of felons have CnB revolvers, even saw a cut down 12 bore loaded with nails.

As far as not having the knowledge to load them, how often do we get members post about dry balling?? I'm not defending the felons by ANY means, just bringing up a fact.

My other thought is will the rock quarries be closed because a person was killed by a rock???

I'm sure the family with their 7 figure payout are now appeased.
It was Cabela's fault! Not the criminal shooter!!
Cause the shooter probably didn't have any money.

Seriously???

So the going rate for your 21 year old child is 7 figures???

That was rude, unnecessary, and uncalled for IMHO. The murdered 21 year old was the victim here.

I wouldn't be appeased by ANY AMOUNT of money if a member of my family was murdered by a neighbor.

I know this isn't Sunday School, but I think you're out of line.

Must be a regional thing. I've never encountered one. Knives and standard firearms all day long, but not black powder.

But, it'll probably get to a point where govt decides they need more scrutiny and regulation. Meanwhile, they won't balls the current criminals accountable.

Seriously???

So the going rate for your 21 year old child is 7 figures???

That was rude, unnecessary, and uncalled for IMHO. The murdered 21 year old was the victim here.

I wouldn't be appeased by ANY AMOUNT of money if a member of my family was murdered by a neighbor.

I know this isn't Sunday School, but I think you're out of line.
Sorry if you are offended.
But I'm sick of companies who either sell or produce legal items being blamed for the criminal mis use of said products. You can blame ambulance chasing attorneys who line their own pockets for this manure.

People who are convicted of any violent crime should get a minimum of 30 years. On the first offense. Tighten up parole checks. Too many felons wandering around free. Not enough parole officers to check on them. One slip up, back to prison for ANOTHER 30 Years! That’s what is needed here, not more useless gun control that is laughable.

Dead is dead no matter what the weapon of choice is, folks have been killing each other since the beginning of time, If one wants someone dead they do not need a projectile firing weapon, if you do not agree with the policies of the retail stores that sell BP weapons do not go there, H@@@ it will not be much longer and there will not be any type of guns available, or component's too use with them. Best stock up on base ball bats. As too ponderosamans reply it is a gun and they the BP guns in past history has sure laid a lot of folks on the underside of the grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back