• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Here they are

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FD4B6B71-1CCE-4A31-8F6D-DABBE7F70361.jpeg

Top: My wife, Alices’ .50 cal Hawken
Middle: My new .50 cal Hawken (that I acquired today)
Bottom: My Son Bobbys’ .54 cal Renegade.
What fun! Tomorrow afternoon, Alice and I will be burning powder
Unfortunately, Bobby’s Renegade needs to wait for the sights that were ordered from The Gun Works two weeks ago. Sadly, Bobby has to work so he won’t be joining us

Is there anyway to determine a close approximation of when a rifle was manufactured by Thompson center?
Only through providing the forum a description of serial number (how many digits) and the first few digits. Such as saying “5 digit ser# 105xx”. Also provide a photo of the lock. from this info folks who know when theirs was made or bought can provide an approximation.
Walk

When I come home from the range and a few hours of steady shooting at total of 45 min -60 minutes is required for a total tear down, cleansing (including barrel flush and dry), lubing the flintlock, reinstalling the flint and oiling the barrel. $1500-$1800 investments are well worth it.
Now, "if" you can obtain a beef for your own use you'll also be a golden canuk… ;)
What is PRB?
View attachment 72217
Top: My wife, Alices’ .50 cal Hawken
Middle: My new .50 cal Hawken (that I acquired today)
Bottom: My Son Bobbys’ .54 cal Renegade.
What fun! Tomorrow afternoon, Alice and I will be burning powder
Unfortunately, Bobby’s Renegade needs to wait for the sights that were ordered from The Gun Works two weeks ago. Sadly, Bobby has to work so he won’t be joining us
A bit of a change for my son's .54 renegade. His rifle is now sporting a beautiful Green Mountain 33" 1-70 twist barrel! Bobby will soon be ready to shoot his new rifle.... When he takes time from his work.

Back