• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Here She is

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jdkerstetter said:
:hmm: Live and learn. Are there fines involved or should I just expect a nasty gram from the moderators? New guy mistake. :idunno:

Thanks Mike. :hatsoff: Strange rule, but I don't write 'em.
Mike is... mistaken. There's no rule that says you can't link to other "web sites". There is a rule about linking to other "muzzleloading forums".
http://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/fusionbb/showrules.php

Last edited by a moderator:
hanshi, I have not gotten in PC/HC with my flint locks. I do use them exclusively though for hunting. I do have 2 made by Mat (.36 LL and .50 EL) and really like them. I have never claimed them to be either PC or HC. I just like them and I like yours. Wish you the best of luck with it. Looking forward to a range report when you get a chance to shoot it.

Vern

If there's a true 100% PC/HC built muzzleloader built by any member of this forum, it sure would be nice if they'd start a thread with photos...

roundball said:
If there's a true 100% PC/HC built muzzleloader built by any member of this forum, it sure would be nice if they'd start a thread with photos...
:yakyak:

Please give us your definition of PC/HC? What? You can't hear me?!?! That's because you've locked me in the box. Well, at least the company is better in here. :blah:

I don't know why he's even puttin' that challenge out there.....he wouldn't be able to see the post unless somebody else sent it to him. :shake:

What a shame, J.D.

Thanks...I think it would be good to have a category where true PC/HC built muzzleloaders could be listed for all of us to be able to reference and learn from...it could include an official definition as its foundation, and then builds & photos.
Maybe a subsection of the Photo section, Builders section, or in the Historical section...you'd know best where it might be located.

Sorry Claude. Just having a little fun at nobody's expense.

I think this has played out anyway as it has gotten very far afield....it hasn't been on the OP's topic for a long time.

Thanks, J.D.

roundball said:
Thanks...I think it would be good to have a category where true PC/HC built muzzleloaders could be listed for all of us to be able to reference and learn from...it could include an official definition as its foundation, and then builds & photos.
Maybe a subsection of the Photo section, Builders section, or in the Historical section...you'd know best where it might be located.
I'll second this.

Hi Capt. Jas,
Thanks for the follow up information. I agree with your assessment of the sideplate but I think the wrist escutcheon is appropirate as well. I've seen greenman-shell style inlays on guns made by James Barbar (?) and one of the Griffin's. I am in a small rural town for the next few weeks and do not have my reference materials at hand so must rely on my memory (always a danger).

Your friend,

dave

Number19 said:
roundball said:
I'll second this.

I have to ask why,

At times it gets very challenging trying to figure out where to post things as it is.

Dave Person said:
Hi Capt. Jas,
Thanks for the follow up information. I agree with your assessment of the sideplate but I think the wrist escutcheon is appropirate as well. I've seen greenman-shell style inlays on guns made by James Barbar (?) and one of the Griffin's. I am in a small rural town for the next few weeks and do not have my reference materials at hand so must rely on my memory (always a danger).

Your friend,

dave

Thanks Dave.
I too am familiar with some other styles of green man- shell but I seem to relate that particular form to an earlier time.
I can get you some specifics for those dates later also as I am on the AT in the Smokies at the moment.
James.

ApprenticeBuilder said:
Number19 said:
roundball said:
I'll second this.

I have to ask why,

At times it gets very challenging trying to figure out where to post things as it is.
:surrender: I can't help you here, I'm for it, as long as it stops this anti HC/PC bias that is plaguing this board. Maybe segragation is the answer. :idunno: J.D.

jdkerstetter said:
:surrender: I can't help you here, I'm for it, as long as it stops this anti HC/PC bias that is plaguing this board. Maybe segragation is the answer. :idunno: J.D.

Well it'll never stop the occasional pot shots from guys especially when the OP throws out statements such as this,
It is likely close to 100% (real close, anyway) HC/PC

You gotta know when you utter that kind of statement among this crowd that somebody is gonna take the bait and run with it.

Education is the key here, spose we could segregate the membership and only allow certain members access to specific areas, would work just as well.

Not everybody want's to learn and we can't make 'em and so be it.

America is about freedom and people are free to excersize their right to be ignorant about anything they like. :patriot:

If there is a PC/HC forum it will have to have rules and we just have to be sure that who ever defines PC/HC isn't one of the one's who chooses to be ignorant of the subject.

Pot-shot's? I'm not scared of no pot-shot!!!! :thumbsup:

Those moderators are kinda scary though :shocked2: Quick run!! I hear one coming!!!

Good Night, J.D.

Hi James,
Good for you!! The AT must be really nice this time of year. I am on an island in SE Alaska darting deer and live trapping wolves with leghold traps for research work. I guess both of us are living a bit of the spirit of our past. Keep in touch James.

dave

Dave Person said:
Hi James,
Good for you!! The AT must be really nice this time of year. I am on an island in SE Alaska darting deer and live trapping wolves with leghold traps for research work. I guess both of us are living a bit of the spirit of our past. Keep in touch James.

dave
Sounds like lots more fun than building guns!

RB's idea sounds great. Only problem is he'd never see the pics as the guys who would post them are all in his lead box. :haha:

Mike Brooks said:
RB's idea sounds great. Only problem is he'd never see the pics as the guys who would post them are all in his lead box. :haha:

Thanks for helping me make my point Mike. :thumbsup:

Enjoy, J.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back