• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with Signal Cannon?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miamibeachcg

Pilgrim
Reaction score
1st timer here.
I have the opportunity to buy this signal cannon? for $450, but I've never seen one like it. It has a rod? that pulls out of the back & then is released (I think) to fire it.
But it has no mini hole to vent, and how do you load it or use it? Is it real?
Most importantly, is it worth the price?
PS - It has no markings anywhere that I saw.
Thanks for any help with this.

SIGNALCANNON1_zps200c9e85.jpg
[/URL][/img]

SIGNALCANNON3A_zps6407e255.jpg
[/URL][/img]

SIGNALCANNON3AA_zps55d0c262.jpg
[/URL][/img]

SIGNALCANNON2_zps21d4f50c.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Hate to rain on your parade but that is not a signal cannon, it is a toy cannon.

If you want to know if it has value this is probably the wrong place to ask. Maybe it does, I wouldn't know.

A toy? It has to weigh 20 - 30lbs! Do you mean it's just decorative?
What is the mechanism in the back of it for?
Thanks, I appreciate the info

Judging by the size in the photos unless the carriage was made of lead and painted to resemble wood there is no way it could approach 20 pounds. It looks like a spring loaded plunger which launches a projectile by pulling back and releasing like a toy cannon. I see no joint near the breach which might allow the rear of the cannon to detach in some manner allowing one to fit a percussion cap or other impact detonator which might be struck by the plunger to fire a powder charge. My impression is that it is a "toy" or "scale model" and not meant to be fired with a powder charge. I believe it would be dangerous to attempt to fire it regardless of what someone had done in the past (and it hasn't blown up yet). Personally as much as I like toys and miniature cannon models I would pass on it for that kind of money or even a small percentage of the asking price.

Back