• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with new mini cannon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Ive recently had luck gettimg my wife interested in something firearms related. Turns out she likes black powder. We purchased a 69 caliber traditions cannon that she loves and now cant find 69 caliber balls to use with it. I dont have a problem casting for it if I could find a mold that isnt 100 bucks or more on eBay. And purchasing balls online seems few and far between for options. Any of you have advise for me? We probably wont use it to often but at first she'll want to shoot it several times I'm sure.
Thanks guys

Get on the ‘notify me when back in stock’ lists at websites like TOW and Lee. Expect to pay less than $30 for a .690” diameter Lee roundball mold when available again, hopefully soon.

Sure here ya go

Attachments

• 0328211830.jpg
    0328211830.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 0328211830a.jpg
    0328211830a.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 105
I own the very same cannon albeit under the Ardesa name. You will have endless hours of fun shooting this baby, they can be scarily accurate at 25 metres, in fact our club record is a genuine recorded and verified 99/100!!
My personal best in competition is 92 but my cannon has had some modifications from standard including a bore hone, beefed-up carriage to stop it jumping around too much, refined axles and bronze bushes in the wheels.
As a result of the hone I shoot a .695 RB, 028" cotton patch lubed with Wonder Lube over 60 grains of Swiss 1 (FFFG).
Here is a link to a Youtube video of it firing pre-modification:

This was only the second shot ever fired!

Out of interest I tried it at 50 metres and with the same load it needed to be 'aimed' lower than at 25 metres which led me to believe that the round was actually accelerating throughout its travel.

Hi guys,
Ive recently had luck gettimg my wife interested in something firearms related. Turns out she likes black powder. We purchased a 69 caliber traditions cannon that she loves and now cant find 69 caliber balls to use with it. I dont have a problem casting for it if I could find a mold that isnt 100 bucks or more on eBay. And purchasing balls online seems few and far between for options. Any of you have advise for me? We probably wont use it to often but at first she'll want to shoot it several times I'm sure.
Thanks guys
My side arm love it

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 72
I rearranged the workshop Friday night so my neighbor could cut trim for framing out his window. I have no idea where my new blades are but the old one made a few more satisfactory cuts.

On the fireplace mantle is my cannon that worked hard New Years eve. Yes a mantle in the shop. My wife got tired of trying to get the paint out of every little space and pitched the whole thing on the fire pit. I waiting until she left and pulled It out of the fire. As is I screwed It on the wall under the shop window. The mantle is a great place for my cannon and dummy rounds I collect.

My cannon looks like these posted.

I will try to post a video of it firing a blank load.

It needs cleaning and a new ring bolt.

I will try shooting a Ball out of it too

😃

Back