• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help with my lady woes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's anything like fishing, don't get her involved. You'll spend all your time manning the boat, baiting her hook, taking her fish off the line, untangling her line, tying on new tackle and getting her beers and listening to all that female conversation. I'd rather sit quietly in the boat with a good fishing buddy with the only conversation being the occasional exchange of a few words. "Need a beer? Yah sure!" "Looks like you got a big one there, what ya use for bait?"

If it's anything like fishing, don't get her involved. You'll spend all your time manning the boat, baiting her hook, taking her fish off the line, untangling her line, tying on new tackle and getting her beers and listening to all that female conversation. I'd rather sit quietly in the boat with a good fishing buddy with the only conversation being the occasional exchange of a few words. "Need a beer? Yah sure!" "Looks like you got a big one there, what ya use for bait?"

It can be a mixed blessing. I got my wife into shooting and hunting when we started the family. She is as good a shot as me (at least LOL) She knew we needed the meat. SHE WENT EVERYWHERE EVERY TIME. Now thats cool and great and all but they was a few times I would have liked to just go with a buddy. Men stuff ya know. Now its as cool as it gets, she gave up hunting and shooting (for now?) and encourages me to go with the boys. Only thing is the boys is now whipped? Even my boy??? So when I hunt alone I prefer to be by myself.

I do have a deer hunt with my son and his wife in 2 days. He s chip off the ol block! Pray I get one early, they could then be alone and I could be warm. Now off to that thread bout getting older.....

My wife has long flowing trusses of hair, I can't get her near a flintlock. She will shoot a percussion

Perhaps you could get her to wear a bonnet like they did a couple hundred years ago to protect her hair. I’m just trying to help.

1603287716956.jpeg

Trying to get my wonderful girlfriend into the awesome world of flintlocks. She is a gun skeptic, and pretty gun shy. She is a Virginia farm girl so I am hoping that it will eventually come in time. Any tips on this endeavor? Ladies are mysterious machines.
be very gentle and slow. if you force could turn her off of guns forever.

Trying to get my wonderful girlfriend into the awesome world of flintlocks. She is a gun skeptic, and pretty gun shy. She is a Virginia farm girl so I am hoping that it will eventually come in time. Any tips on this endeavor? Ladies are mysterious machines.
Does she like antiques, estate sales, old-time things? If so you might be able to work flintlocks into the conversation. If she enjoys a bit of history you've got it made. None of the above? You're on your own Pal...

Here is another idea but it is not without risk. When she's in the same room, you accidently discover this video and decide to watch it. KJW may not be completely knowledgeable on flintlocks but is the best looking gun-related eye-candy that I've seen in a while.

Your SWMBO may get so jealous that she will decide to get interested in flintlocks. Or she may get so #^&$#$%@ mad at you then leave you. Which may or may not be a blessing in disquise.

.22 much easier/more pleasant to clean than flintlock.
Stone gun a real P.I.T.A.

Unless you already prefer them, as do I, for some unexplainable reason.

Might consider just enjoying this woman for what she is now. Not a shooting buddy.
O-l-d Geezer

You have to convince her that a girl proficient with firearms is hot! Like a great fitting pair of jeans, or the right perfume. Guys are attracted to it. ............maybe you should just leave her at home, LOL

Back