• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with my lady woes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps I shouldn't say anything, but.... my Better Half fishes, puts her own worm on, takes fish off the hook and sometimes runs the boat. Shoots percussion but not 'flinchlock' (but is thinking about it). She outfises and outshoots me. I think it's great! Always have someone to go with. If the lady will shoot a 22, great. Let her decide to shoot or not shoot the smoke pole. The other may come in time & isn't critical to a relationship.
What is getting my lady interested in the flintlock is videoing me shooting one. That and I still have eyelashes....

Find another girl that likes to shoot. Your girl either will get jealous and want to shoot too, or get mad and leave you. Then you have a new girl to shoot with! Although this is stuff my idiot brother would do, he’s been married 5 times.......🤔

Don't fall into this trap.

oh-no-hes-bought-another-gun-13985214.png

I'm sending that one to my fiance! She is wise to all my gun buying excuses.

Fortunately my fiance is very pro-all things gun. She is an excellent air gun shot.

I came home with a new old rifle I got from a pawn shop on the way home from work. Had only been married a few months. My new bride then explained to me that a man only needs three guns. A deer rifle for shooting deer, a shotgun for shooting birds and a .22 for shooting small game and plinking. Then I was told not to buy any more guns. I figured a strong offense was a good defense so about a week later I bought two more. I still think about her sometimes. She was one hell of a good cook.

Last edited:
She is a gun skeptic, and pretty gun shy.
You can bring a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. You are dealing with a poor poker hand to begin with. My wife hated guns and was scared to death of them. We now have a loaded 38 special in the bedroom that she can use. Don't hurry or push her, and maybe start with a funny gun (cartridge) that is easy and less complicated. If she starts to like guns then work into cap locks and then flint.
Lots of luck to ya :thumb:
Flintlocklar 🇺🇲

I answered an ad in the news paper for someone to show her how to shoot black powder.
Loved her so much, when we split I gave her the rifle I showed her how to use.
If I can find one in the news paper, all those new fangled computer places would make it real easy.

If I meet a female and she doesn't like guns, we meet that one time. Same goes for males. If I don't have a commonality with someone I just don't go around them or encourage their advances. Been that way all my life.

Back