• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help with muzzleloader shops in Wv, NC, and SC

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg B.

36 Cl.
Reaction score
Howdy y’all. Greg B from Arkansas here. Don’t have a flinter just yet but have been eying several small caliber long rifles lately. I’d really like a good 32 - 36 squirrel rifle. Have a few cap locks but haven’t yet taken the flint leap. Looking at Kibler southern mountain rifles and a few others.

Anyhow, my family and I will be taking an RV trip beginning June 17 and will be gone close to a month. Our travels will take us through WV (marlinton to be exact) then on to Hilton Head, SC, up to Myrtle Beach, then back to Asheville, NC. We will spend around a week in each location. These are all places I’ve never been and I’m hoping to do some exploring and looking around.

While I’m out, I wondered if any of you could point me to some muzzleloader shops, rifle makers, etc. that might be in any of these areas? I’ll want to scratch the itch while I’m away so visiting a few shops would accomplish that. Thanks in advance for any knowledge imparted.

Greg

I am with the French Broad Rifles in Asheville. Jim Chambers Flintlocks is located in the Asheville area. Rice Barrels used to be here as well as L&R locks which was originally started by one of the Rice Brothers. Bob Ray lives just north in Weaverville but he has pretty much retired from building. He still does small projects. Our club shoots on the second and fourth Saturday of every month if you happen to be here within those time frames. If you are here and want to visit/shoot with us check out our website. www.frenchbroadrifles.com

I am with the French Broad Rifles in Asheville. Jim Chambers Flintlocks is located in the Asheville area. Rice Barrels used to be here as well as L&R locks which was originally started by one of the Rice Brothers. Bob Ray lives just north in Weaverville but he has pretty much retired from building. He still does small projects. Our club shoots on the second and fourth Saturday of every month if you happen to be here within those time frames. If you are here and want to visit/shoot with us check out our website. www.frenchbroadrifles.com
Thank you!

Enjoy your trip! Your not going to be too far from the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC and Va, and the Parkway. Beautiful part of the country.
We plan to travel the parkway quite a bit while we are there. Quite a few historical places along the route we will check out as well. I’ve spent a lot of time exploring the west but haven’t been East at all. Looking forward to it!

We plan to travel the parkway quite a bit while we are there. Quite a few historical places along the route we will check out as well. I’ve spent a lot of time exploring the west but haven’t been East at all. Looking forward to it!
Check with them to see road closures. There is a bunch of it around Roanoke VA and South that is closed due to mud slides.

Back