• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with Kibler decision

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally pulled the trigger tonight. I've been tossing it around all week and decided to go with a rifled 58 and fancy maple. Now the wait begins.
Good luck! It’s mandatory you have to post pictures or you forfeit your gun to a forum member😬. Sorry, I don’t make the rules

I plan on ordering a Kibler Colonial this coming week. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with a rifled 58 caliber. However, I'm not sure on the wood. I'm trying to decide between the fancy maple and the extra fancy maple. Is the extra $125 worth it? If you have a Kibler in either of these two options, can you please post a picture along with the grade to help me make a decision? Thanks in advance.
I plan on ordering a Kibler Colonial this coming week. I'm 99% sure I'm going to go with a rifled 58 caliber. However, I'm not sure on the wood. I'm trying to decide between the fancy maple and the extra fancy maple. Is the extra $125 worth it? If you have a Kibler in either of these two options, can you please post a picture along with the grade to help me make a decision? Thanks in advance.
S
This is my Kibler Colonial. It’s .54 caliber, the most accurate caliber I believe. And my wood is just the fancy maple, not the extra fancy.

Attachments

• 9264A882-7C8A-47ED-9EE2-47E0E6E1D0FE.jpeg
    9264A882-7C8A-47ED-9EE2-47E0E6E1D0FE.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 88
  • E14CBED7-8733-4E28-9F58-EE19F7E2F549.jpeg
    E14CBED7-8733-4E28-9F58-EE19F7E2F549.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 3D9D5C20-9F06-4B45-A004-0AFC9C293F7B.jpeg
    3D9D5C20-9F06-4B45-A004-0AFC9C293F7B.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 002CDD0C-0DA0-4C6C-9F6F-E4C1DA53AEF2.jpeg
    002CDD0C-0DA0-4C6C-9F6F-E4C1DA53AEF2.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 95
This is my Kibler Colonial. It’s .54 caliber, the most accurate caliber I believe. And my wood is just the fancy maple, not the extra fancy.
[/QUOTE]

Beautiful rifle. What did you use to finish the wood?

After looking at the awesome gun photos, both would be a good choice. You got a hard decision. Good luck.

Well this is strange good news, I posted yesterday that I placed an order 2nd week of Jan.
this morning I got an email from Lorie that it's boxed up and ready to ship! :D
unfortunately I'm going out of town next week so being the way shipping has been in the U.S. lately I'm going to call and pay for it but postpone the shipping 😖.

I'll post updates on my order and updates on my build in another thread...to be continued !

Probably late here…but anyways…I was at our local shooting range, a while back, and one of the members brought his “Just Finished” Kibler SMR in .45 calibre. It was beautiful, and I commented on the amazing curl in the stock…he had just gone with the middle grade curl when he ordered the kit. I could not believe that it was a medium grade curl.

So basically, which ever way you go, you won’t lose…

Back