• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with Jäger Rifle .62 Loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Friends,
I have news!! I have cut down the rearsigt with a File because the Preowner make a great V Notch in it .. now the V is tighter at the Bottom and groupings are tighter!! I order a new rearsighrcan make a sharp thin cut in so i hope to make another performance in Targeting. I use .610 Ball with 0.15 patch so blue Lube and also .600 Ball with Pillowthick 0.18 with Beewax Oliveoil with 100grs schweizer 3. So hope next week can make another try

Hello Folks, today i try at the range .600RB 0.18 Pollow Thick Patch 80grs at 50 Meters . What did you say? I have an strange thing at the Barrel when i put the vleanrod with patch in the bore i feel a resist ca. 3“ over the boreground i little withstand when i put down ?! But the bore is shiny clean what is this?! With a little more power the rod goes down free..

Attachments

• 6E9B2AEE-120A-4F97-BFB1-842169C9844D.jpeg
    6E9B2AEE-120A-4F97-BFB1-842169C9844D.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
Dear German Jager he was responding to post number 75 Waksupi s post he used uncommon if proper terms And Rifleman is makeing a joke of it . It sounds like your load just encountered some breach fouling no problem & it seems to group I use 20 thou Ticking patch & 600 ball seems to load with just guns rod no recourse to a short starter but bores will vary according to the makers set up .
Rudyard

Ok i understand😜but i light into the bore it ist bright&shiny the stopping feeling is direct under the rearsight 🤔if i take the cleanrod with a patch run it down just at this spot under the rearsight i need more power to run down just this little spot what can this mean😫😳

Well if the rifle is new not original it could mean the rear sight has suffered from the fitting of the sight or the dovetailed loop under the barrel unlikley but nothing else fits so check & see if its that .Some used a chisle to cut the dovetail But it shouldn't be that deep but you will have to check this possability .
Rudyard

I used to have a rifle that someone had used a punch on the bottom of the dovetail to raise metal to tighten up the rear sight. It caused a tight spot right under the sight. It would have been easier to replace the sight.

Weren't the fast twist Jaegers generally loaded sans patch, with the ball driven down the barrel bare?
These were the Tige breech, or Pillar breech guns. They had a more shallow rifling, and spike that rose from the breech face. The ball was smaller than the bore size and you are correct that it loaded without a patch.

The ramrods on pillar breech guns are steel, and very heavy built. They are made to ram the ball against the spike, swelling it into the riflings. These rifles were easier to load after much firing.

Back