• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with Identifying gun CVA .54 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
please explain What that might be sir
Barrel wedge--that metal wedge that you had to push from one side of the stock to the other to remove the barrel. So basically the barrel wedge holds the barrel to the stock. How many did you push out to remove the barrel? Yours is supposed to have two. In your photo it looks like the rear one is missing.

The wedge is a key that helps hold the barrel in the stock. Your rifle should have two wedges. The wedges go through the metal oval inlays located along the forearm of the stock, and through the two metal pieces that are on the bottom of the barrel.

Barrel wedge--that metal wedge that you had to push from one side of the stock to the other to remove the barrel. So basically the barrel wedge holds the barrel to the stock. How many did you push out to remove the barrel? Yours is supposed to have two. In your photo it looks like the rear one is missing.
It looks like the real ones broken the front ones still there but need wedge for both I did not take out any they were gone I preparing log siding on the garage as I was cleaning up I asked The owner of the place the story on that weapon hanging above his front entrance of his garage I’ve been there a few times do you not in jobs for him he said my pool is a piece of junk and I should throw it away so I asked him if I could have it just take it he said so all that stuff was missing rear barrel wedge in the wedges and a ramrodIt was pretty rusted I’ll show you a picture how it looks now after 15 hours and wife saying I don’t spend any time with her LOL

It looks like the real ones broken the front ones still there but need wedge for both I did not take out any they were gone I preparing log siding on the garage as I was cleaning up I asked The owner of the place the story on that weapon hanging above his front entrance of his garage I’ve been there a few times do you not in jobs for him he said my pool is a piece of junk and I should throw it away so I asked him if I could have it just take it he said so all that stuff was missing rear barrel wedge in the wedges and a ramrodIt was pretty rusted I’ll show you a picture how it looks now after 15 hours and wife saying I don’t spend any time with her LOL

A little over twenty years ago I bought a 54 cal cva mountain for 75 dollars and now have it in my possession and trying to find out about it. Will post pics as soon as I can

20220916_170702.jpg
20220916_170629.jpg
16636221288901475239220034380149.jpg
16636221768372751810869156245504.jpg

Back