• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help with Identifying gun CVA .54 Cal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the words Spain on the back of the plate where the hammer is I just got one pretty rusted took it all apart coordinate just missing the pack and rod i’m new to your club barrel goes say Connecticut Valley arms black powder only 54 calendar number 0001549
Sorry for the spelling I got bad fingers and bad eyes LOL
That just means the lock is Spanish made, not necessarily the complete gun.
That just means the lock is Spanish made, not necessarily the complete gun.
I believe you are right from what I’ve been reading on the site the barrel got that Connecticut Valley arms Inc. power only 54 caliber what can the numbers 000-1549 tell meAbout that weapon would it help me get a packing rode

When I got my .45 cva mountain rifle kit in 1981, there was a big bore rifle kit next to the one I bought. I still regret not spending the extra dollars for it ... nice pick up!

It’s called a lock I’m learning now
[/QUOTE
When I got my .45 cva mountain rifle kit in 1981, there was a big bore rifle kit next to the one I bought. I still regret not spending the extra dollars for it ... nice pick up!
Are you saying my rifle is called a big bore rifle sir trying to learn as much as I can about it

926149C8-F1AC-4DE8-8AAA-7E71AD13AD5B.jpeg
F881861A-4FAD-4151-BFA8-A2456399339A.jpeg
FE82B01B-CDA3-4AFB-8888-2BF33FE031DB.jpeg
BBAEF419-0CA6-4494-AE44-A85EB9F45B50.jpeg
F881861A-4FAD-4151-BFA8-A2456399339A.jpeg
FE82B01B-CDA3-4AFB-8888-2BF33FE031DB.jpeg
BBAEF419-0CA6-4494-AE44-A85EB9F45B50.jpeg
F1BEA5DD-4129-4897-A20A-95AE5E62E5C9.jpeg
926149C8-F1AC-4DE8-8AAA-7E71AD13AD5B.jpeg
F881861A-4FAD-4151-BFA8-A2456399339A.jpegFE82B01B-CDA3-4AFB-8888-2BF33FE031DB.jpeg

I know I’ll be asking a lot of dumb questions and here’s one what With the two triggers
And do you know what this is worth i’m not a hunter and I’m not a weapons collector but I like to refurbish Rusty weapons of all kinds then I sell in working condition

I have two of those CVA Mountain Rifles. However mine are the older ones that have flat sided ramrod ferrules and 5 screw patch boxes. Yours is later I think, having round ramrod ferrules [can't see the patch box]. The older ones are more desirable but all are mgood shooters. Yours looks to be in good shape. I would place its value at $350 + or - a bit. It is definitely a CVA Mountain rifle, not to be confused with their Hawken rifle. Polecat ooops. Forgot to say the .54 caliber is worth a bit more and harder to find. I would love it if mine were .54

Very nice rifle. Spain has a long history of gun-making, similar to Italy's. For many
years the Spanish reproductions were under-rated. Some were imported without
origin markings. However, in use they are excellent often very accurate. I think that
today Traditions imports them with the Bergara barrels. Bergara barrels are top-accuracy
, used in military and police sniper rifles. Yours is super nice. And yes
Dikar was the firm behind them. Today Dikar has become part of an American run
mega importer out of Lawrenceville Ga.

Very nice rifle. Spain has a long history of gun-making, similar to Italy's. For many
origin markings. However, in use they are excellent often very accurate. I think that
today Traditions imports them with the Bergara barrels. Bergara barrels are top-accuracy
Where would I find a packing rod for this Weapon I’d like to make it complete before I sell it any information will be helpful thank you

Where would I find a packing rod for this Weapon I’d like to make it complete before I sell it any information will be helpful thank you
You can try suppliers like Deer Creek or Track of the Wolf who may have a ramrod the correct length for your gun, or you could order a longer blank and cut to the length you need.

You can try suppliers like Deer Creek or Track of the Wolf who may have a ramrod the correct length for your gun, or you could order a longer blank and cut to the length you need.
Thank you very much that’s the help I needed to get started

Twb, it looks like you’re missing the rear barrel wedge. You might want to pick up one of those too. :thumb:

Back