• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help with CVA shotgun kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a CVA double barrel 12g shotgun kit from decades ago. Been putting off completing it until fully recovered from surgery. Now know that i can;t do it. Is there anyone out there that could assemble and finish it for me at a reasonable cost? It still in the original box with all parts.

I have a CVA double barrel 12g shotgun kit from decades ago. Been putting off completing it until fully recovered from surgery. Now know that i can;t do it. Is there anyone out there that could assemble and finish it for me at a reasonable cost? It still in the original box with all parts.
Any competent gunsmith around you should be able to do it for you.Any muzzle-loading clubs around you? Most Black Powder enthusiasts could do you a kit or direct you to someone who would.

Good luck on getting a good builder. What do you consider a reasonable cost?
Flintlocklar

Good luck on getting a good builder. What do you consider a reasonable cost?
Flintlocklar
Its a kit gun,most shop class kids with a little supervision could put it together and do a fine job.Not dissing the OP,some people just don't want to do it.Granted Jim Kibler or Mike Brookes are not going to do it,but it should not be a big problem finding someone who can.

Where are you? We might be able to work something out, but....I have 2 ahead of you ( mine), but I like the CVA kits....( well made and easy to assemble).

Thanks for replies. Doc now says my ML days are about over due to health issues. Not good news. May list it and some other projects i won't be able to finish. They just remind me of too much.

I already sold off all my other kits and but was going keep this one. I might list it on auction arms. Been astounded how much they sell for. Small compensation for near 55 years of the hobby.

Dunno. Been watching CVA kits. A .54 Mountain Rifle kit went for over $600 a week ago. Crazy times. Have not seen a CVA shotgun kit for sale in 20+ years. Last SHOT show I mentioned it to the rep at CVA and they wanted to buy it for display as they no longer make kits. This one dates to 80's?

Back