• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help with C&B ID

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm helping my best friends widow sort out his stuff.

I've never been into revolvers.

Could you guys that know this stuff tell me what these are?

20220914_134151.jpg

From the top down:

Adress SAM L COLT New -York City

Navy Arms Co.

Adress Cimarron Fredericksburg Texas

Adress Col. SAML COLT NEW-YORK U.S. AMERICA

LONDON

I'll give it a go:

From the top down:

1851 Navy, .36. With that address on the barrel, it's likely a Colt 2nd Generation. You can use the serial number to look it up (Colt's Manufacturing LLC).

Navy Arms Co.
Remington New Model Army (verify caliber) often referred to as the 1858 Remington. Date code looks to be XXII, or 1966 proof/manufacture.

Colt 1860 Army .44. Is that stainless or "in the white"? Cimarron is an importer of Italian reproductions but I don't see any Italian proof marks.

Colt 1860 Army. Looks to be another Colt 2nd Generation - look up serial number.

LONDON
1851 Navy, London model. Not sure if this is also 2nd Gen, because of "London" - anyone know if Colt produced a 2nd Gen London model? (I just don't know.)

The 2nd Generation reproductions are very desirable and sell for $700 and up these days. Ask about boxes, papers, etc.

Good luck!

I have one of the Uberti London models but it isn't marked on top of the barrel as the OP says this one is.

I'll give it a go:

From the top down:

1851 Navy, .36. With that address on the barrel, it's likely a Colt 2nd Generation. You can use the serial number to look it up (Colt's Manufacturing LLC).

Navy Arms Co.
Remington New Model Army (verify caliber) often referred to as the 1858 Remington. Date code looks to be XXII, or 1966 proof/manufacture.

Colt 1860 Army .44. Is that stainless or "in the white"? Cimarron is an importer of Italian reproductions but I don't see any Italian proof marks.

Colt 1860 Army. Looks to be another Colt 2nd Generation - look up serial number.

LONDON
1851 Navy, London model. Not sure if this is also 2nd Gen, because of "London" - anyone know if Colt produced a 2nd Gen London model? (I just don't know.)

The 2nd Generation reproductions are very desirable and sell for $700 and up these days. Ask about boxes, papers, etc.

Good luck!

You're awesome dude.

Here’s a member of the peanut gallery again. I still think the top model is a 2nd gen 1851 and not a Dragoon. It doesn’t look large enough compared to the others, the loading lever is wrong, and it looks like the trigger guard and grip frame are silver plated. I don’t know if this is definitive, but the trigger guard and grip frame on my 2nd gen 2nd model Dragoon aren’t plated.

Last edited:
I'm helping my best friends widow sort out his stuff.

I've never been into revolvers.

Could you guys that know this stuff tell me what these are?

View attachment 162312

From the top down:

Navy Arms Co.

LONDON
What is the caliber of the top gun? It looks dragoonis to me. I can’t see the picture really good on my phone. Trying to look at the holes in the cylinder.

I can't tell the difference between most of them, and you guys can tell at a glance. That's impressive.

Back