• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with a .36

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can one assume that a lock with his stamp on it is on a rifle that he built? Or did he assemble and sell locks also?
Well, I know he was making locks, not sure about the rifle. Frankly, I would suspect the workmanship would have been better if Len had built it.
Then again, I don't think any of us knew as much about stock design back then as we do now.

I took it apart some more last night.

The triggers work fine out of the stock.

I had to set the triggers, and cock the hammer to get the lock back in the stock.

It works pretty good before I start putting the big lockplate screw in.

Except I have to pull the set trigger first, then half cock, and full cock work just fine. That's new to my experience. The rest of my rifles you cock the hammer, then pull the set trigger.

Does the stamp on the trigger bar tell me where to start on finding a screw?

Can likely find a screw with matching thread at Ace hardware.
I've also noticed shiny parts on wood behind the lock so as others have stated you may have the tumbler or sear parts binding there.
Start by loosening the lock screw & see what effect that has then check out if screw on the trigger spring is too tight as others recommend.
Where are you located, maybe have a forum member nearby to help ?

Back