• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help Wanted…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Due to a change of priorities and subsequent time constrains, I find it necessary to step down from doing the monthly postal shoot as of the end of May. The May shoot will be the last one I will be able to host.

I’m confident there is someone here that will take the baton to keep the monthly shoot going. I will be happy to help anyone who wants to jump in the saddle.

Msmith,
I would be willing to step in and run it ia an online format with photos or scans submitted to the forum or via email.

I've really enjoyed participating in the last 2 and im a bit concerned with the ethics participating though while acting as target designer and judge?

What are everyones thoughts?

Chris

RanchRoper, but what if I post my target on day one and no one else want to challenge my greatness😂? I think you got me this month though, its close but my whiffed is whiffed by a mile, even hit the wrong bull.......

Chris

Very true, as long as there are no objections to it being a post your target pictures on the forum or submit via email I will be more than happy to keep the fun going.

Since its all in good fun I dont see the need for it to be mail in every month. Just print, shoot, photograph or scan, and have fun! Any objections to doing it that way?

Chris

Marc, we could try to do with I have done in the past on other forums.
Each month a different shooter makes up the target/rules and posts it on the forum. Shooters then copy the target, shoot and score it themselves. Post a photo on the forum of your target and score. If for some reason the shooter can't post a photo, just take their score. Once a winner is declared, the winner then chooses the target the next month. If the same person wins every month, or does not want to come up with a contest, have each participant's name entered in a hat and draw the "winner" out for the next months contest.

Msmith,
I would be willing to step in and run it ia an online format with photos or scans submitted to the forum or via email.

I've really enjoyed participating in the last 2 and im a bit concerned with the ethics participating though while acting as target designer and judge?

What are everyones thoughts?

Chris
My suggestion would be to start a new thread to discuss and gather input from others about changing the format. I think that would be easier to kick around ideas and come to some consensus.

Back