• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help needed from UK - Armi sport percussion rifle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mornon', All. This popped up on our MLAGB FB page last evening - I know nobody here in UK who might help him, TBH. I know, it's shameful, right? But that's life.

'Armi Sport Kentuckian rifle with a weak main spring'. Given the generally lacking QC of a lot of Armi sport stuff we see here in UK, I'm not too amazed
I'd be very grateful for any help coming from your side of the Great Water.

TIA

I would be looking at the Track of the Wolf catalog and download the pages of the locks that have similar springs. The printouts of the page will be full size, and a match may be found. A hole may have to be drilled in the lock plate to accommodate the replacement spring. The next challenge will be getting a new spring from the US to the UK.

I had to do that to replace a Cherry Corners spring. I found the L&R spring to be good replacement although I needed to drill the hole in my lock plate.

It looks like that model hasn't been made in decades

The above advice is good, maybe Siler or L&R makes a complete drop in lock?

I'd also try a Pedersoli Kentucky spring, it's most likely similar enough , you would think an Italian firm would ship to the UK .

Short of that, my inquisitive mind would be trying to see if I could JB Weld or wedge a lead round ball in somewhere to increase tension, or a machine shop could reharden the spring?

Back in "the day" when old surplus weapons were cheap, we'd pick up Nagant revolvers for $60 and wedge a bullet into the mainspring to decrease tension but if you did it wrong it would increase it. It's Jimwacked home brew stuff but it's worked since firearms were invented

I would be looking at the Track of the Wolf catalog and download the pages of the locks that have similar springs. The printouts of the page will be full size, and a match may be found. A hole may have to be drilled in the lock plate to accommodate the replacement spring. The next challenge will be getting a new spring from the US to the UK.

I had to do that to replace a Cherry Corners spring. I found the L&R spring to be good replacement although I needed to drill the hole in my lock plate.

Sadly, that just isn't going to happen. Most every US-based business is refusing to ship merchandise to the UK these days. :(

Just wondered if anybody had a train wreck to cannibalise.......ordinary Joes can send stuff back and forth - I do it all the time with our folks in OR.

Sadly, that just isn't going to happen. Most every US-based business is refusing to ship merchandise to the UK these days. :(

Just wondered if anybody had a train wreck to cannibalise.......ordinary Joes can send stuff back and forth - I do it all the time with our folks in OR.
Wow? Even Track? That’s a shame… if you were to find a replacement spring of any description,I would consider helping, Joe to Joe…

Latest posts

Back