• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help Identifying

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sir, thank you for that information. How do you feel about the price? High? Average?
It May be high, but depending on its condition and caliber. These guns are bringing 4-450$ on gunbroker, then tax and shipping puts well north of $500. If it is in good condition combined with some tire kicking negotiating its in the ballpark. They are a very nice rifle. Some don’t agree, that’s why there are lots to choose from!

Don't apologize about the pictures. Some don't post hardly any and want answers. I think it's a little high also but there are those that would pay that just because of what it is. Best rifle CVA ever marketed. Offer less and see.
mooman76, thank you sir. i appreciate your comments very much. I'm still teetering on the fence but if I do take action I will certainly try and barter with the gentleman on the price. Thanks again. :thumb:

When dickering, most pawn shops set their prices for around 100% of what ever the item have cost them.

Ergo, speak to the shop owner, and not a clerk, then lay your cash offer on the counter before telling them that the cash is all you can pay for it.
Pietro, thank you sir. I will certainly do that. When they see cash it, generally speaking, can help move things along without much talk. :) I thank you for your input. Have a great day.

Too high for that model. The ones marked MADE IN USA might be worth near that. I have two 'Made in USA' models that were earlier. They have 4 screw patch boxes and hexagon ramrod ferrules. One of mine has maple with quite a bit of curl. I might get almost that much for that one and around $400 for the other. Both are in excellent condition,,. [BTW: Not for sale]. Polecat
Dale, good morning. thank you sir. So where would the "made in USA" most likely be found? I need to go back and check it out more closely without being too obvious. LOL Of course when one is shopping that is pretty much standard...you check out the goods right? HAHAHA. So, when you say that model, were there a couple of models similar but prices varied for them? Thank you for your comments. I appreciate you taking the time. :thumb:

Ya appears CVA Dikar Spain. Price is up there. I say $300-350 tops.
Offer them 300 if you want it. Leave your phone number. They
are good rifles and are usually very accurate. However, used it is not
a $500 gun-- unless of course it is something else and I am missing the ID.
William, Thank you kindly sir. Made in Spain you think? For CVA? It seems that others have said that "Made in USA" is a better rifle? Thank you.

It May be high, but depending on its condition and caliber. These guns are bringing 4-450$ on gunbroker, then tax and shipping puts well north of $500. If it is in good condition combined with some tire kicking negotiating its in the ballpark. They are a very nice rifle. Some don’t agree, that’s why there are lots to choose from!
Gtrubicon, thank you. Thank goodness shipping is no an issue as it is in my neighborhood. :thumb:

use that term to PUKE on it when bartering for it. PUKE is a term when trying to get the price down. pointing out things that are wrong! good luck witch ever route you take.

It all depends on the condition of the bore. Price though is a bit high. $250-$300, (imho) but if the caliber is .58 then it's worth perhaps $400.

LD
LD, Good morning. A very good point. I do not even know the caliber. I was in a hurry. Bought some caps and T7 and just happen to see it propped up there. Snapped the shots and was gone. I will investigate further IF, it's still there. Thanks you very much.

There was an older model of the same gun, made in USA and well marked on the barrel flat near the rear sight. And a newer model of that gun marked [sometimes not very deeply] simply "Spain". The newer ones have, reputedly, Douglas barrels. All are good shooters and are becoming more valuable. Dale

use that term to PUKE on it when bartering for it. PUKE is a term when trying to get the price down. pointing out things that are wrong! good luck witch ever route you take.
Roger that Toot. :thumb: thank you. BTW What does PUKE stand for? I know, what puke means to me? Like barfing up something that didn't sit well on your stomach. LOL

There was an older model of the same gun, made in USA and well marked on the barrel flat near the rear sight. And a newer model of that gun marked [sometimes not very deeply] simply "Spain". The newer ones have, reputedly, Douglas barrels. All are good shooters and are becoming more valuable. Dale
Dale, thank you for that information. Correct me if I'm wrong please. It seems you believe it's most likely made in Spain? Interesting to me since that is my last name. Maybe someone is trying to tell me something. HAHAHA

you got it. but when using it when looking at a gun the seller will know that he is dealing with some one who knows all of the things that are wrong with it. to find fault with it. you are not being fooled , not knowing the things that are wrong with it. missing parts, condition of the barrel, overall condition, ETC. hope this helps?

Agreed. $100-200 overpriced. Make a cash offer and see where it gets you. Worst they can say is no...
Cap, thank you for your advice sir. I really appreciate so many people chiming in to assist me. :) Absolutely, they can only say yay or nay. Simple as that. Thanks again

you got it. but when using it when looking at a gun the seller will know that he is dealing with some one who knows all of the things that are wrong with it. to find fault with it. you are not being fooled , not knowing the things that are wrong with it. missing parts, condition of the barrel, overall condition, ETC. hope this helps?
Toot, thank you for the explanation. Also, someone mentioned earlier about checking the bore. I do not have an instrument for doing that. I do not own any percussion rifles only revolvers. Any advice? thanks again

remember, just how bad do you want it? it is not the only one out there! they will be more!

Latest posts

Back