• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying this pistol.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Henry

Pilgrim
Reaction score
This pistol was originally from England. On the top of the barrel it is stamped “London”.
Hex Damascus barrel.
Side “ Richardson & Co”

Attachments

• FEB8F70A-0E5F-424C-B738-D99E5ED1C5B8.jpeg
    FEB8F70A-0E5F-424C-B738-D99E5ED1C5B8.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 60AA9B26-293C-401E-BA93-15A229882864.jpeg
    60AA9B26-293C-401E-BA93-15A229882864.jpeg
    187.1 KB · Views: 140
This pistol was originally from England. On the top of the barrel it is stamped “London”.
Hex Damascus barrel.
Side “ Richardson & Co”
I’m just guessing, but I think it’s an English pistol by Richardson and Co. . have you any pictures of the proof marks on the barrel? Is it rifled or smooth bore?

Hex Damascus barrel.
Side “ Richardson & Co”
Hi,
We really need closer photos of the breech, barrel and lock. It is clearly a 19th century gun made as a percussion pistol perhaps as late as the 1850s. There are no Richardson's listed for London but several in that time frame for other towns in England and Ireland. I find no listing for Richardson and Co. The firm might simply be an importer or retailer and not the actual maker. The "London" name on the barrel means nothing because that was often added as a ruse to increase sales. It may be one of a pair and if it has a wide rear sight, it might be made for dueling or target shooting. It looks to be a high quality pistol regardless of the maker complete with safety bolted lock. If you remove the barrel, there should be proof marks on the bottom and possible a makers mark.

dave

Latest posts

Back