• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help identifying pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weese0152

32 Cal
Reaction score
Can anybody help me identify this or what it’s worth. I believe it’s real ivory because a hot pin wouldn’t penetrate it. It says made in Spain
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

i have seen one of these for sale somewhere long ago. A pic of the lock would help but it already appears to have a CVA style sideplate. .

Never seen the fancy molded plastic stock before, but the parts all hail to the older Spanish import stuff, 60's-70's. Since the stock is broken I'd say 100-200$

When I was a young kid I had a plastic model of that exact pistol. Was hard as hell to line up both sides of the stock while the model glue set.

SS

My collection of DGW catalogs from mid 60's to 2007 is in storage and can't get to them right now . If anyone has ones from 67-79 should be in there.

Not Ivory, maybe just as well . lock work frightfull but moulded stock looks well done. If it could be worked over it would be a nice item . The original Dutch pistols go serious money .
. Rudyard

If you really think it's ivory, I wouldn't use the hot pin test, unless you could hide it well under the barrel or in the lock, recess, because it could hurt the value.

You should be able to see the growth rings They look a bit like the rays in tiger maple, but even arcs instead of random bands. Hard to describe bu distinctive. You may be able to see them more clearly at the break or in the barrel channel.

If you post close-ups, taken under bright light, I might be able to spot them for you.
Even if not ivory, that's a neat pistol.

When I was a young kid I had a plastic model of that exact pistol. Was hard as hell to line up both sides of the stock while the model glue set.

SS
I still have one of those plastic pistols. At one time, I had the entire set of the models made by that plastic kit company. The pistol below was made by me using the plastic "Dueling Pistol" kit from them as a guide. The only difference is the plastic kit was a flintlock and my gun shoots .40 caliber balls.

pistol11.jpg

Latest posts

Back