• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identifying flintlock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zachary Lomax

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I recently stumbled upon this at a thrift shop, not in the best condition but just curious if anyone could give me a little bit of information on them.... it's only letting me load those images for now, will add more if it helps.
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG
DSC_0026.JPG

I agree. It looks like a decorator that is meant to be hung on a wall. I seriously doubt that it could be fired and if it was fired it would probably explode. Most likely the metal parts are made from castings using a weak metal.

I think it was meant to represent a pre-flintlock period gun that existed before the half cock safety of the flintlock was incorporated into the tumbler. This would be prior to 1630.

I sgree, by looking at the photos the frizzen pan only bolts to the wood and doesnt come close to barrel. Would look neat as a wall hanger though.
DL

Dont EVER put powder in it, thats a decorator item, it wont spark and is Not a real gun

$25 in our local Goodwill store. They have a matching musket and blunderbuss, too. I remain amazed that anybody could even begin to believe that this is a real firearm. A quick look at ANY of the threads here showing the real thing would have saved this thread.

Welcome to the forum, though. This is THE place to learn about muzzleloading firearms of all kind, be they real or fakes, like this one.

Latest posts

Back