• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help identifying 10 bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
turn the flint over, and get a shorter flint. no matter where it hits as long as it sparks, if it sparks it will go off.

Then why even post
Has I said it is quite obvious what is wrong and that is the flint cock at the half cock position the square on the cock is cut at a advance angle to the square on the tumbler which makes it set too close to face of the steel {frizzen]. When the cock is set at half cock the distance between the face of the steel and the edge of the flint should be no more than 1/8 to 1/4 of a inch. It is better to alter the square of the cock than alter the lock inners because altering can cause other alterations inside the locks. No doubt some will disagree that's why I did not reply then
Feltwad

Back