• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help Identify who made this Patchbox

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captjoel

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Howdy all! Was wondering if anyone might have some clues as to the maker of this interesting patchbox? I bought it from a collector friend and decided to install it on my latest rifle. It now gets a second chance at being useful.

P1000894.jpg

Captjoel said:
Howdy all! Was wondering if anyone might have some clues as to the maker of this interesting patchbox? I bought it from a collector friend and decided to install it on my latest rifle. It now gets a second chance at being useful.

P1000894.jpg

So you think its an original patchbox?

Dan

High Larry- looks like a Lehigh Co. Pa patchbox in the Style the Angstats used, they made many variations of Boxes very simialar. There work was non traditional, At any rate its a nice piece somewhere in the 1810 time period. I hope this helps. The Great Pinyone

Not antiqueing Jack, it is patina. I lost much of the patina in the areas around the heart when inletting. It was difficult to protect the very fine engraving, but most all of it survived.

Back