• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help identify please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just looked at a European percussion Fowler, around 15-16ga. In nice shape except the nipple area, there are threads visible, but no nipple. Lock seems to work as it should. Gun dealer wants 240. for the gun, is that out of line? Can this nipple breach be saved? Any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 00943579-5506-4315-956C-CBC02AEEB8AA.jpeg
    00943579-5506-4315-956C-CBC02AEEB8AA.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 33697DC6-DAF1-410B-896C-60648E27E7F6.jpeg
    33697DC6-DAF1-410B-896C-60648E27E7F6.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 110
That can be saved by re-tapping it to an oversize nipple. Track of the Wolf sell's the os nipples and proper tap. I would say if the bore is good it would be worth it in today's climate of inflation. I really like the back action locks on the later fowler's, very fast IMHO. Have you checked with the dealer about OS nipples?

The gun shop owner is in Florida until May. Told me we can look at it together when he returns. He is on the “gun show” circuit, so most of his prices are highly inflated!

I know everythings high priced now, but not too long ago, guns with no markings and having issues to repair would bring less than $100. Id take some pictures to another dealer and ask them what they might pay you for it. That’d be food for thought anyways.

Back