• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

help identify a seemingly old one

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frankmck

32 Cal
Reaction score
Greetings,

New to the forum. Acquired this old critter and would appreciate any assistance in garnering/gleaming any information about its origins/age.

The bore diameter is approx 5/8
barrel thickness is approximately 1/32"
the barrel is approximately 32"
the butt end of the stock is unremarkable as there is no evidence of any previous attachments
The only sight appears to be at the end of the barrel. No evidence of a sight at the trigger end of the barrel
the trigger engages at two locations - however, it fires at each engagement
there are no maker's marks other than the two marks separated by a dash (pic attached - muzzle 1 - should enlarge nicely)

as a novice, I am hesitant to disassemble the barrel and receiver section to see if any marks are located on the interior surfaces.

any wisdom shared would be greatly appreciated.
let me express my thanks in advance

-frank

(sorry if this was posted twice as we had a bit of a spike and the computer got wonky on me)

Attachments

• muzzle 1.jpg
    muzzle 1.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1
  • muzzle 2.jpg
    muzzle 2.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 0
  • muzzle 3.jpg
    muzzle 3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 0
  • muzzle 4.jpg
    muzzle 4.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
  • muzzle 5.jpg
    muzzle 5.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 0
  • muzzle 6.jpg
    muzzle 6.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 0
Ummm.... don't know what your plans for this might be, but it is only suitable as a "wall hanger". PLEASE don't try to actually shoot it. You MIGHT get it to fire with no issues for a few shots, but eventually that rusty old breach will crack and burst... and you will never knew exactly when that might happen.

Thank you all. Was not my intention to fire this one. Since I retired I have been working on outfitting what I would call my cigar bar. It is decorated along the line of what a late 1880s or so bordello would look like. Old lamps, red velvet love seat, lots of cigar boxes, card table, bison hide, and lots of stuff like that. Just a throwback to a defining time in our history and the west/southwest.

thank you.....

Latest posts

Back