• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help ID This Percussion Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy folks

I am trying to id anything I can from this lock. It came on a .62 rifle I just got. Those initials are R.T.G. on the inside, and Torella on the side plate.

I didn't know if this was the correct section?

IMG_0792_zpsysposa6d.jpg

IMG_0791_zps2jmsk1zw.jpg

I don't know what it is but it is not a currently made L&R, Chambers/Siler or Davis lock.

The shape of the bridle over the tumbler doesn't match any of their locks that are shown in the Track of the Wolf catalog.

The L&R Russ Hamm/CVA/Spanish Maslin lock shown in your link has a rather blunt or rounded rear with a teat.

To my eye, it isn't very close to the very pointed rear on the lock shown in the picture above. :hmm:

Having made one my self I think it could be hand made from a mix of lock parts and the stamping on the side plate looks home work shop, but a lot are made like that. Maybe a look at the gun mite help.

I would put money on it as a Siler percussion kit that the builder screwed up on drilling the bridle and made a new one hence the odd look to the bridle. All other parts look Siler to me :v .

Back