• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Help i need a stuck bullet

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaho Ron

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I am planning to do a dry ball/stuck bullet or ball video.
I'm planning to not use powder because that is how it seems to start. 🤣
I have a couple junk barrels to use. What should I do to get it hopelessly stuck?
Give me your best ideas to stick a bullet or ball. Two part epoxy? A 54 down a 50 and use a hammer, with epoxy?
I will use the method that seems like the best.

popcorn impala.gif
getting ahead of the 24 pages!
just pour direct from the ladle down the bore

did i miss another stuck ball thread? i am jonesing for another one! guess this will have to suffice.

I'm actually being honest.
My plan is to make a video of a worst case scenario. But like was mentioned worst case kind of depends.
I like the idea of making it real like an oversized ball and thick patch.

I'm actually being honest.
My plan is to make a video of a worst case scenario. But like was mentioned worst case kind of depends.
I like the idea of making it real like an oversized ball and thick patch.
Worst case scenario? You find yourself on a hunt nowhere near civilization or a way (not close to your vehicle) to easily get to civilization. No range rod. You took a shot and did a quick reload, except for the powder. The first shot was low and broke the animal’s front leg. A fatal shot, just not anytime soon. No nipple wrench or way to remove the touchhole liner. Plus your ramrod is a bit short because your cleaning/loading jag got loose and fell off so you can’t fully seat your bullet. You have a ball puller, but no way to grip your ramrod to pull on it. And it is raining to beat the band. Oh, and you don’t remember if your ramrod tips are pinned. Your hunting buddies are all shooting 58 and 62 caliber guns, and none of their accoutrements will fit in your 45 caliber barrel.

Worst case enough? I’d just pick some challenges and address them. There was recently a thread here that went on endlessly. Ball with a drill stuck in it was stuck in the bore. Hard to make stuff up. And the difficulty of the situation depends on your perspective. Someone else with a stuck bullet, no big deal or reason to panic. You have a stuck bullet, potentially the end of the world as it is known.

Looking forward to seeing your video.

Why don't we make this a challenge?
multiple participants all video their travails as they try to remove a stuck ball, ramrod tip etc?
i have several unused old nasty bored barrels laying about.
then it could maybe be a stickie that the next newbie that has never read the many threads on the subject could watch, and choose which method fit his mood.

or not:dunno:

Today I wrapped a .501 size bullet with a .018 cloth patch. This test was truly a test. The nipple was stuck, and the barrel was rusted up. I am loading the video right now. I am hoping it is done loading tomorrow. Here are a few pictures of the barrel before I sent the bullet down the barrel with a 3/8' bolt and hammer.

Attachments

• Barrel before 1.jpg
    Barrel before 1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Barrel before 3.jpg
    Barrel before 3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Back