• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

HELP, does anyone know anything about set triggers on a CVA 50cal ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kia Ora Mooman, I have a CVA .50 mountain rifile??? 1 wedge Hakwin. Sorry I'm really not 100% on type.
I have a TC Hawkein also looks same.style. I enjoy both but perfer the CVA for taking game. I think its 1 inck smaller than TC? Barrel is thicker. Got quite a few black powder guns. & make own powder. Got a tree in NZ called Kowhai & it make very very fast BP 💨

If someone here can't help you google "C.V.A." i am sure they could help you with your problem.

Thanks 👍 I've got a bit too go on now. Appreciate your & everyone's inputs and time. Pretty nice website this 1. Really great to help & read what everyone is doing. Its s great thing our interest.
Aroha a nui everyone
Ki kite ano.
Oopps :( break the rules.but that's the 1st language .
Keep your self's safe & enjoy.

This is from the Traditions pamphlet. Should be the same for CVA?

Attachments

• 20210920_110255.jpg
    20210920_110255.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210920_110226.jpg
    20210920_110226.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 32
Hi Chris, Oddly enough I just had the same issue with my CVA Mountain Rifle. What turned out was the trigger assembly was sitting a fraction too deep in its recess. To fix it I cut the base off a .223 shell and quietly filed it down till it fit as a spacer over the tang screw that connects both the Tang and trigger assembly. It now holds perfectly on both half and full cock, something it hadn't done well for a while.
Google Deer Creek Products ? and you can see what rifle you have. The Mountain rifle has 2 wedge pins but the triggers and lock are the same Spanish made units. I have bought stuff from Deer Creek before but they haven`t answered my last couple of email requests.

Morena. Thanks very much. I've been real busy at mahi( work) & with every ones inputs here & some basic kiwi have a go I will get too the cause. Looking forward to it. To everyone who has given me such useful & helpful advice. Tatou ( thank you) really appreciate your time & help 👍💥💨
Ata Marie
Kind regards Chris

Back