• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello!!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, I'm brand spankin' new to the board, so let me take a moment to introduce myself. I've been shooting blackpowder for a little over 20 years, in both muzzleloaders and cartridge. Whereas I initially started shooting percussion, I'm now a confirmed flintlock man, although I've only been shooting flintlocks for about 4 years now. However, most of that 4 years has been with a smoothbore (Brown Bess), so I am very new to the rifle, having picked up my very first at Friendship this past June. It's a 'semi-custom' Tennessee, .50 calibre, 42 inch Green Mountain Barrell, L&R Manton Lock, and dark stained maple stock. All of the hardware is iron, and the entire affair is antiqued...the style is of about 1815. It's slender, graceful, and very well balanced. So far at 25 yards, standing off-hand, it will put 10 rounds into a ragged golf ball sized hole.........GOD willing, I'm intending to travel to Friendship again on September 12 to pick up another one....something a little earlier....possibly a Virginia? I guess we will see. Anyway, I currently reside in Louisville, KY, but will be moving to Memphis, TN the first week of October.Well, this tells you all a little about me, anyway, and I'm looking forward to learning what I can from the more experienced flintlock rifle shooters on this board.THANKS!

Welcome to the camp. Pull up a Stump and sit a spell. Have ya cup of Liver Eatin's coffee if'n ya dares. If ya can't drink it, ya can always melt it down and run ball with it. :thumbsup: Again, welcome, and join right in with advise and or questions.

Welcome to ye! Ah am sure ye will enjoy this forum as we are all friendly here.
Why, ye are already around good friends caus ye shoots a Bess (Ole Mooskeetmans favorite gun) an anyone who wants ta shoot a rifle will find more than ah few who will be more than happy ta tell ye more than ye ever wanted ta know 'bout them.

Thanks for joining us. :)

Good to have you here and make yerself ta home. We have a bunch of great folks here shootin' just about anything that loads from the front so you'll no doubt fit right in immediately! Rebels right about the coffee though so you might want to tap the side of the pot to see ifn' it sounds hollow before you pour a cup :winking:

LEJ

Longbarrel50,
welcome to the forum!! sounds as though you are well entrenched into b/p shooting. if you have a question by all means ask it, because someone here has an answer.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :) :thumbsup: :)

all i can say was said allready but here's my welcome to the camp and don't be a stranger......................bob

You mean you are moving to Memphis on purpose?

Surely someone is forcing you to do this!

No good shooting there!

Way far away from Friendship!

I can feel your pain!! :cry:

I am a TN escapee, don't go into the darkness! Walk toward the light!! It took me 50 years to escape!!

Welcome to the board Longbarrel. We're all slightly crazy here. Smart bunch of crazy folks though.

Welcome.

Two good things about Memphis: the Rendezvous (dry ribs - not reenactment, though there are some interesting M/L hung on the walls) and Corky's. I used to travel there frequently when I was with International Paper. Nice town . . . compared to some.

What is available in the area, as far as 18th, or early 19th. century reenacting is concerned? For the past three years, I've done a Kentucky Frontier Militia impression, and although I won't be doing this with my current group when I move, it would be nice to continue reenacting the era, if possible.Also, what is available as far as outdoor ranges are concerned? I will be living in Bartlett, and I was told that there was one (on a Penal Farm!) not too far away from where I will be. If nothing else, getting together with a group of fellow flintlock shooters on a fairly regular basis would be pretty neat.

Latest posts

Back