• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I’m not exactly a new member, though I haven’t been active online in quite some time. I’m not new to Muzzleloading (modern or traditional) but am always excited to learn anything I don’t know. I’m hoping to become more active on here & get to know some of the folks. Just to break the ice, I spent the weekend in western Montana looking for grouse with my 24 gauge Trade Gun (no luck on the grouse). I do as much Muzzleloader hunting as I can and intend to really put some effort into hunting game birds & small game this year. I’m also hopelessly addicted to working on old neglected and raggedy Muzzleloaders. I’m currently bringing an 1863 Springfield (smooth bore conversion) back from the grave. It’s nearly done though! I’ll make a dedicated post to it later. Oh, I’m also becoming something of a collector of older T/C Muzzleloaders, particularly the sidelocks. I’m currently on the hunt for T/C flintlock rifles and parts.
3658B045-039B-4B35-A793-6C10F374FA81.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello, I’m not exactly a new member, though I haven’t been active online in quite some time. I’m not new to Muzzleloading (modern or traditional) but am always excited to learn anything I don’t know. I’m hoping to become more active on here & get to know some of the folks. Just to break the ice, I spent the weekend in western Montana looking for grouse with my 24 gauge Trade Gun (no luck on the grouse). I do as much Muzzleloader hunting as I can and intend to really put some effort into hunting game birds & small game this year. I’m also hopelessly addicted to working on old neglected and raggedy Muzzleloaders. I’m currently bringing an 1863 Springfield (smooth bore conversion) back from the grave. It’s nearly done though! I’ll make a dedicated post to it later. Oh, I’m also becoming something of a collector of older T/C Muzzleloaders, particularly the sidelocks. I’m currently on the hunt for T/C flintlock rifles and parts.View attachment 160873
Welcome from VA

Hello, I’m not exactly a new member, though I haven’t been active online in quite some time. I’m not new to Muzzleloading (modern or traditional) but am always excited to learn anything I don’t know. I’m hoping to become more active on here & get to know some of the folks. Just to break the ice, I spent the weekend in western Montana looking for grouse with my 24 gauge Trade Gun (no luck on the grouse). I do as much Muzzleloader hunting as I can and intend to really put some effort into hunting game birds & small game this year. I’m also hopelessly addicted to working on old neglected and raggedy Muzzleloaders. I’m currently bringing an 1863 Springfield (smooth bore conversion) back from the grave. It’s nearly done though! I’ll make a dedicated post to it later. Oh, I’m also becoming something of a collector of older T/C Muzzleloaders, particularly the sidelocks. I’m currently on the hunt for T/C flintlock rifles and parts.View attachment 160873
Welcome back! The woods south Of Buffalo NY are littered with empty 16 gauge shotgun shells wasted on grouse in my youth. Little bastards would wait until you bent under a limb or vine before flushing. I’ll be shooting my 1863 Bridesburg musket this weekend up un North Carolina. Looking forward to burning up some BP.

Back