• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Morning people. I work 3rd Shift. So, yes, it is morning to me. I just joined minutes ago. I've been shooting flint since the mid 1980's. T/C Renegade in 54. Now I've decided to venture into long rifles. I bought a few and still am not quite satisfied. Normal for my personality. So, I'll be building one (or 5). Figured this will be a good place to start. Probably I'll start a thread once I've assembled my parts and the build start in ernest.

Good Morning people. I work 3rd Shift. So, yes, it is morning to me. I just joined minutes ago. I've been shooting flint since the mid 1980's. T/C Renegade in 54. Now I've decided to venture into long rifles. I bought a few and still am not quite satisfied. Normal for my personality. So, I'll be building one (or 5). Figured this will be a good place to start. Probably I'll start a thread once I've assembled my parts and the build start in ernest.
Welcome Chris from the state of Nebraska. This is a good forum, with lots of good members and info!
Larry

Welcome from New York State. Hopefully there is still something in the water in SE PA that will get your longrifle craftmanship talents to follow the Masters.
There were several masters very near to where I'm typing this. A. Figthorn was 10 miles to my West. The Pennabackers (later changed to Pennypacker) were w/in 2 miles of where I live. I once saw pictures of their forge. The water wheel made it till the 1950's before "progress" removed it. Dixon made several beautiful rifles when he was younger Eventually I'll build one with a Berks County profile to the stock.

Back