• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello, Would like to show off my horns , and pipes, thank you

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Herb Horn , small pouch horn with screw off brass stopper. St. George slaying the dragon scratched upon it. Picture of my peace pipes, made with dear horn bowls with brass screw apart stems .

Attachments

• P1040499.JPG
    P1040499.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 123
  • P1040500.JPG
    P1040500.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 123
  • P1040501.JPG
    P1040501.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 145
  • P1040498.JPG
    P1040498.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 146
Very interesting pipes. Did you do anything to "seal" the horn, or do they smell like burning horn when you smoke them?

Their is no smell when you smoke them, their is a break in period, like all pipes. I use the butt of the antler, and that is like Ivory. The center is hollowed out of all pulpy matter that is a sorta hard center that is honey combed. This cartilage is what the blood flows threw. When pulp is removed , you have a wonderful white hollow knob, I like to find the mounts with the skull still attached, and use some of the skull to make the mushroom look. I do not use damaged horns from a idiot that saws them off at the skull, only if he does not mar that beautiful burly knob. If a old drop antler that is crackly , and dry white was used it might give off a taste. As well as a fresh seasoned kill might. I have smoked out of my main pipe for over 40 years now. It is taken on a most beautiful patina. Dear antler will stand up to a propane torch light and not hardly burn. All the brass screws apart for easy cleaning and carrying in tobacco pouch. I have made them for friends that wanted to smoke at rendezvous , were cigarettes' were not allowed. The brass held up better then clay pipe in their carry bags.

Very interesting pipes. Did you do anything to "seal" the horn, or do they smell like burning horn when you smoke them?

Attachments

• 20210121_194245(0).jpg
    20210121_194245(0).jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back