• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello New Shooter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Philly

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello, Just joined and would like to say hello, and this is a great site. I dont have a black powder rifle yet, i am getting the hawkens rifle from Cabelas. I have shot a black powder rifle before but it wasnt a hawkens. it was a springfield. musket. .50 mini ball.
Phil.

Welcome to the forum Big Philly.
You will find this forum to be a nice place to sit by the fire and trade stories as well as a wealth of information from a bunch of fine black powder shooters.
Let us know how that new Hawken shoots.

Huntin

Big Philly: Welcome To The Camp! !
A Big Welcome to the camp. I have a T/C Hawkens 54cal percussion rifle, T/C Hawkens 50cal flintlock rifle. I enjoy shooting both kinds of rifles. Good Luck in your
seach for that pefect rifle. Again, Welcome
To the Camp !!!! There's alot of good people here at
the forum, That can help you, Take Care !!
Mtn-Man2u :)

Welcome to you!
In my opnion, you have joined the best Muzzleloading site around.
Lots of knowledge, lots of friendly talk and lots of things to look at.

A word of warning though. If you send some bullets or balls down range with a big cloud of Black Powder Smoke, you will be hooked like all of the rest of us are.
Next thing you know, you will be buying lead pots and molds and patch knives and maybe just one pistol and then......the list goes on and on. It's a great hobby!!
You will also find yourself sitting for hours at this web site, reading all of the good information.

Have Fun!!

BigPhilly,
welcome to the forum. i have three of cabelas percission side locks and i am pleased with them all(2-.54 cal. and 1 .50 cal)
again welcome
I am snake-eyes :)

Back