• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Williamson County, Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

granth

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Grant, and I have recently become enamored with muzzleloaders. I currently don't own one yet, but I am planning on buying a nice muzzleloader soon. I am also a very large history buff (mainly the Napoleonic Wars and American Civil War). I am happy to be apart of your community, and please feel free to give me buying tips or offers!

Cheers,

- Grant

If you can find a local club, join it and find a mentor. It will be worth it.

Get a copy of The Cap Lock Rifle by Ned Roberts and read it.

Welcome to the Forum from a former habitant of the Williamson Settlement north of Vidor, Texas. I hope you can find friendship, guns, and knowledge of the dark art of the smokepole. I have been shooting the black since I was 17 and am 67 now and still find new avenues to follow. Please feel free to ask questions; many members here have lots of knowledge of historical crafts and freely share their experience. Be safe and have fun, George.

Howdy from Montgomery County, north of Houston.
You joined during a busy time in Texas History.
We just completed the reenactment of the Goliad Massacre, and we're gearing up for San Jacinto.
Come see us at San Jacinto on 4/23, or at Anahuac on 4/30 for camp life and battle reenactments.
You'll see all sorts of armament in action, from pistols to muskets to rifles to cannons, both percussion and flintlock. Ask any of us a question, and bring a chair, because we love telling folks about our guns, camps, clothing, and kit, and we want to hear about you, too.
I know it'll be hard to leave the Hill Country to come to Houston, but it'll be worth the effort!
And, if you come to San Jacinto, get directions to the Monument Inn, just down the road. The fried shrimp special is worth the trip. And, depending on your route, you can cross the Houston Ship Channel on a ferry!
So, welcome to the forum, and we'll want to hear your decisions on what you choose to shoot.
You only need one to get started (hooked?).
😆

Latest posts

Back