• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Virginia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Way back in the early 1980's I had a black powder shotgun, rifle and percussion pistol. I got married money got tight, so, I ended up selling them to pay the rent. I really enjoyed the BP shotgun it was a blast to shoot. Anyway, I am retired now and have been reading about the French and Indian and Revolutionay wars. Fondly remembering my BP days this created a desire to heft and shoot period (replica) weapons to see what it was like and see how accurate they were. To that end I ordered a Early English Trade gun which should be here in a week or two. I found a Brown Bess, First India pattern that is in very good condition and bought it as an investment. It really is a piece of history when you think about the men building it in Britian and where it may have been during it's career. I plan to take it to a gunsmith and have him check it out. Based on his evaluation I hope to shoot it.

Way back in the early 1980's I had a black powder shotgun, rifle and percussion pistol. I got married money got tight, so, I ended up selling them to pay the rent. I really enjoyed the BP shotgun it was a blast to shoot. Anyway, I am retired now and have been reading about the French and Indian and Revolutionay wars. Fondly remembering my BP days this created a desire to heft and shoot period (replica) weapons to see what it was like and see how accurate they were. To that end I ordered a Early English Trade gun which should be here in a week or two. I found a Brown Bess, First India pattern that is in very good condition and bought it as an investment. It really is a piece of history when you think about the men building it in Britian and where it may have been during it's career. I plan to take it to a gunsmith and have him check it out. Based on his evaluation I hope to shoot it.
I never realized the importance of the F&I War until being involved in Rev War enacting during the Bi-Cen. Had my eyes opened to the historical import of the F&I War. BTW, what or which Trade Gun are you getting? I've been intrigued by them of late. Thanks.

I never realized the importance of the F&I War until being involved in Rev War enacting during the Bi-Cen. Had my eyes opened to the historical import of the F&I War. BTW, what or which Trade Gun are you getting? I've been intrigued by them of late. Thanks.
When I started studying the Rev. war I realized I needed to go back to F&I war to set the background. Originally, I wanted a French Fusil but changed to a early English trade gun since I live in Virginia. It is being made by Kastuk_raider on Instagram. Login • Instagram
Kashtuk (Raider) Trade Gun | kashtuk It is ready to be stained and is 20 ga, 36" barrel, plain maple stock

Latest posts

Back