• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Virginia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vwaltman

32 Cal
Reaction score
I found this forum while I was looking for new ideals for leatherworking. I have been shooting black powder since 1980 and really enjoy it. Currently I have a Hawkins .50, CVA Navy Colt .44 and another percussion pistol in .45 cal. During the fall my Hawkins gets a workout and has done me well during deer season. I mentioned leatherworking so I will tell you a bit about what I just finished making. I had just purchased two extra cylinders for my navy colt and needed a way to carry them so I made me a two cylinder belt pouch to hold them. I also make custom knife sheaths, holsters, and scabbards. As another hobby I build, finish and restore knives (I do not forge them, but have been known to grind, heat treat, and temper them a time or two), and I really enjoy woodworking. My next leatherworking project is a possible bag. I am looking forward to talking with folks here and sharing ideals and swapping stories. Oh and there is anyone on here that served in the military in Germany from 1980 - 1984 I was a member of the Heidelberg Rod And Gun club and attended many of the mountain man rendezvous there swapping lies oh sorry I meant stories and was actually pretty good with Plains .30 cal and my tomahawk.

I found this forum while I was looking for new ideals for leatherworking. I have been shooting black powder since 1980 and really enjoy it. Currently I have a Hawkins .50, CVA Navy Colt .44 and another percussion pistol in .45 cal. During the fall my Hawkins gets a workout and has done me well during deer season. I mentioned leatherworking so I will tell you a bit about what I just finished making. I had just purchased two extra cylinders for my navy colt and needed a way to carry them so I made me a two cylinder belt pouch to hold them. I also make custom knife sheaths, holsters, and scabbards. As another hobby I build, finish and restore knives (I do not forge them, but have been known to grind, heat treat, and temper them a time or two), and I really enjoy woodworking. My next leatherworking project is a possible bag. I am looking forward to talking with folks here and sharing ideals and swapping stories. Oh and there is anyone on here that served in the military in Germany from 1980 - 1984 I was a member of the Heidelberg Rod And Gun club and attended many of the mountain man rendezvous there swapping lies oh sorry I meant stories and was actually pretty good with Plains .30 cal and my tomahawk.
Welcome from Sussex County NJ

Welcome from another Virginian I am in Buckingham co probably about 120 miles south of you. There are a couple of clubs not far from you Old Virginia Primitive Riflemen & James River Black Powder Club. Both have web sites. Glad to have you on board!

Mike

Last edited:
Welcome from another Virginian I am in Buckingham co probably about 120 miles south of you. There are a couple of clubs not far from you Old Virginia Primitive Riflemen & James River Black Powder Club. Both have web sites. Glad to have you on board!

Mike
Thanks for the welcome and the information. I am a member of the Fairfax Wildlife Conservation Club here, but I am always interested in going to shoots so I will check them out.

I did not hold the class. These video's are mostly made at Friendship Indiana at the NMLRA national range. Walter Cline Range I believe. The NMLRA has a number of videos on youtube and some on their website.

Back