• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Upstate NY

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm 44 and have been shooting muzzleloaders since about 1982. Not into reinacting, just love making smoke. Have been deer hunting since 1980 and just took deer #29 & 30 last week. Hoping for another come our December M/L season.

Keep your powder dry.

Hey Charlie, welcome.
I'm from Sherman, Ct myself.
Huge bunch of enthusiastic shooters here. I'm new to all this blackpowder, flintlock stuff and found answers here that can only come from experiance and there is alot of it here.
Adirondacks and Cozumel are my two favorite places on earth.
No black flies in Cozumel though, but no venison either.

Welcome Charlie,

So how far North are you? My wife is from Watertown, and I lugged a muzzleloader around Fort Drum once or twice looking for the magical disappearing deer.

Tom, now in Sunny Southern California and never going back.

Just North of Binghamton. About two hours short of Watertown, but directly south of it on I81. Spend a bunch of time in Sackets Harbor, just a stones throw from Watertown.

Had some relatives from Moravia and Sempronius, NY. Near the birthplace of Millard Fillmore and site of Fillmore Glen State Park. Any connection?

Nope, sorry. A bunch of citrus ranchers out here wanted a train station to load oranges. They got it by naming the new town for the presidet of the railroad, guy by the name of Fillmore.

See? Flattery will get you somewhere.

Back