• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

hello from the n.ga mountains

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawoodsman

Pilgrim
Reaction score
hi everyone. i am a big fan of black powder revolvers and really glad i found this website!

Are you anywhere near Hiawassee?

Every time I'm down that way it amazes how much it's grown since I saw it the first time in April of 1975. It was a a resupply stop on a long AT hike and there was only one small mom and pop grocery. Now....well there is a LOT more available.

Hello and welcome. I got to hunt in your neck of the woods last October. The Rich Mountain and Blue Ridge areas. Beautiful country! I definitely will be going back this season. Bill

welcome from a South-Western North Carolina mountains neighbor that shares your enthusiasm for BP revolvers. :hatsoff:

Randy Johnson said:

Every time I'm down that way it amazes how much it's grown since I saw it the first time in April of 1975. It was a a resupply stop on a long AT hike and there was only one small mom and pop grocery. Now....well there is a LOT more available.

so you've been across Blood Mountain too have you?

Blizzard of 93 said:
Randy Johnson said:

so you've been across Blood Mountain too have you?

Twice. Never stayed there though. The first time, '75 I know the floor was still dirt and I'm pretty sure it still was the second time in '78. In addition the star attraction after the views was a resident skunk.
Tray left a lot more of an impression on me.
I've wondered when I've seen your posts. Were you somewhere on the trail in GA or NC when the blizzard of 93 hit?

Glad you found our camp, gawoodsman! Spent time in the Blue Ridge area during summer vacations growing up...hope to spend some more time up there in that gorgeous mountain area :hatsoff:

Latest posts

Back