• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from the mountains of Western North Carolina!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! My name is Jimmy and I'm from Madison County North Carolina. Just a few minutes across the border from East Tennessee and about 20 mins from Asheville NC. I've been "lurking" on this site for a little over a year now. I've learned countless things in my time here already! Ive found an answer to literally every possible question I have had so far. Thats the reason I haven't made an account until tonight. I need help hopefully identifying an older shot bag (shooting bag? Possibles bag?) That I picked up recently. Ill make a post for that question after my introduction here. Ive only been shooting muzzleloaders for about 1 year... and I'm absolutely hooked! Im a HUGE history buff (Civil War especially) and with my love of firearms it was only natural for me to get into muzzleloaders. I'm partial to more authentic designs when it comes to the guns and accessories etc. I'm still learning more every day, so feel free to correct my terminology when needed 😆. Ive not gotten into reenacting or been to a rendezvous etc YET... but its coming for sure! I've been shooting 25+ years, but have only just got into shooting black powder. Its been an amazing journey, and way too much fun! I found an older Traditions "Buck Stalker" carbine on gun broker and snapped it right up. Its a very beautiful and well cared for, minimally used rifle! This is a "cap lock" and has 1/20" rifling. Its a great "brush gun" and a very accurate shooter with the loads I've worked up so far. Thanks to this site, I've even got a seriously accurate patched round ball load for my "fast twist rate" rifle! I won't get into more detail here, just a little info on what I'm working with. I look very much forward to getting in on the conversations here and I hope I may even be able to provide some info to you guys as time goes on! Now to find the right place on here to ask my question. I reckon I'll be seeing ya'll a lot 😆 View attachment 132243
Hi and welcome. Im in Greenville SC

Hello everyone! My name is Jimmy and I'm from Madison County North Carolina. Just a few minutes across the border from East Tennessee and about 20 mins from Asheville NC. I've been "lurking" on this site for a little over a year now. I've learned countless things in my time here already! Ive found an answer to literally every possible question I have had so far. Thats the reason I haven't made an account until tonight. I need help hopefully identifying an older shot bag (shooting bag? Possibles bag?) That I picked up recently. Ill make a post for that question after my introduction here. Ive only been shooting muzzleloaders for about 1 year... and I'm absolutely hooked! Im a HUGE history buff (Civil War especially) and with my love of firearms it was only natural for me to get into muzzleloaders. I'm partial to more authentic designs when it comes to the guns and accessories etc. I'm still learning more every day, so feel free to correct my terminology when needed 😆. Ive not gotten into reenacting or been to a rendezvous etc YET... but its coming for sure! I've been shooting 25+ years, but have only just got into shooting black powder. Its been an amazing journey, and way too much fun! I found an older Traditions "Buck Stalker" carbine on gun broker and snapped it right up. Its a very beautiful and well cared for, minimally used rifle! This is a "cap lock" and has 1/20" rifling. Its a great "brush gun" and a very accurate shooter with the loads I've worked up so far. Thanks to this site, I've even got a seriously accurate patched round ball load for my "fast twist rate" rifle! I won't get into more detail here, just a little info on what I'm working with. I look very much forward to getting in on the conversations here and I hope I may even be able to provide some info to you guys as time goes on! Now to find the right place on here to ask my question. I reckon I'll be seeing ya'll a lot 😆 View attachment 132243
Howdy and welcome from South Carolina!!!

Hi from sunny California . Yeah, it is addicting. I got into muzzleloaders when a friend broke the stock on his Brown Bess and asked if I could repair it. I was a serious woodworker and ended up making a new stock custom fitted to his hold. He invited me out for a shoot and that settled it, I had to get one, 2, 3...7 in all. I had to stop buying because with my center-fire rifles and pistols it became difficult moving a wife, 3 kids and a small arsenal around the world.

Welcome from VA

Back