• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from the Heartland

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HughMan

32 Cal
Reaction score
My interest in muzzleloading has been renewed in the last few months and I've joined several forums including this one to get back up to speed as well as expand my knowledge. I'm from the Kansas City area.
I have several unmentionable muzzleloaders but I recently found an Austin & Halleck mountain rifle I had relegated to the basement about 10 or 15 years ago. I had used it as my primary rifle on a Wyoming hunting trip for antelope. I had belly crawled a long ways through the sagebrush to get closer to a nice pronghorn. I slowly raised up and POP, the percussion cap didn't spark the powder. I had another rifle with me but my follow up shot missed as the pronghorn was running to the next county. I was so upset that I left the rifle in my basement. I ran across it a few weeks ago and it was a rusty mess so now I'm restoring it.
One of these days, I'd like to buy or build a nice English sporting rifle as well as a flintlock.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I've been researching information for a current project and have found the depth of knowledge in this group is incredible.

Latest posts

Back