• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from the great white North..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello, I’m new here and looking to learn!
I’m not totally green in the black powder world but my experience is limited to a couple of scratch made percussion rifles I cobbled together from scrap parts over the years..
I found that I’m loosing interested in modern guns and it seems the flint bug has me in its grasp and I’m thinking I need at a 50 cal Hawken style rifle for whitetails and a short Brown Bess (75 cal 36” barrel ) that can serve double duty as a second deer gun and primary scattergun for turkey.

I’m kind of a wood guy as well and can’t leave well enough alone most of the time so I will undoubtedly restock both with my own wood if I come across something that has some fancy figure that jumps out at me.. I often keep forks and crotches to run through my sawmill looking for stock material..

Looking forward to learning from the forum..
Cheers
Rod

Welcome from far-off East Anglia, where we proudly fly the Maple Leaf every 1st July on the front of the house! Mind you, it IS 6 x 12 feet, so it's not going to be missed by anybody!!

When I was going back and forth from a place not far from Brighton late on Sunday evening to get back to work in Ottawa we used to stop in the Timmy's in Perth to top up our coffee flasks...happy days!!!!

Welcome from Fla-- I think that you should get back into the old ways.
There is a big push in Canada to take the guns. Hopefully they will leave
the historical primitives alone. In any case, you need guns up there.
Merry Christmas.

Welcome from New England.
In the late 80’s a few friends and I would book deer hunting trips in the Plaster Rock area of New Brunswick.
We would enter Canada at Fort Fairfield / Perth Andover. The guides family ran spring bear hunts and salmon fishing but had started fall deer hunts as well. Perth/Andover was a pleasant little town.
Several of us carried side arms while hunting. Border crossings then weren’t a problem. One just had to declare. Re-entering the US was more involved.

Welcome from the Indiana corn tundra where the high light of the last century was Cary Grant diving to the ground on Highway 41 to avoid a crop duster in a Hitchcock movie (in California).
:)

Just wanted to say hello, I’m new here and looking to learn!
I’m not totally green in the black powder world but my experience is limited to a couple of scratch made percussion rifles I cobbled together from scrap parts over the years..
I found that I’m loosing interested in modern guns and it seems the flint bug has me in its grasp and I’m thinking I need at a 50 cal Hawken style rifle for whitetails and a short Brown Bess (75 cal 36” barrel ) that can serve double duty as a second deer gun and primary scattergun for turkey.

I’m kind of a wood guy as well and can’t leave well enough alone most of the time so I will undoubtedly restock both with my own wood if I come across something that has some fancy figure that jumps out at me.. I often keep forks and crotches to run through my sawmill looking for stock material..

Looking forward to learning from the forum..
Cheers
Rod
I am glad you can still shoot black powder in Canada.

Back