• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from the foothills of the Northern Calif central valley.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bain Dramage

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm recently retired, live in the foothills just east of Lodi, Calif. I've been shooting since my teens, and was a firearms instructor in the 1980's.

I've had a long fascination with muzzle loaders, and the era in which they were used. When I was 16 I worked all summer for a guy who had a hardware store, and as partial payment I asked for (and received) a replica Kentucky rifle in .45 cal (percussion). I still have it.

I'm looking for the location where other muzzle loaders shoot nearby so I can meet them, learn from them, and eventually return the favor by giving back. I would love to attend a rendezvous sometime.

Welcome from the state of Nebraska. Hope you find a club and range for some hands on instruction. There is a lot of good information here also, don't be bashful.
Flintlocklar 🇺🇲

I think there is a club down near Modesto that holds a rendezvous, but I moved from the northern Kalifornia area many years ago and don't know where to find the club. Up near Yuba city they also have a yearly get together that was always fun.

Greetings from East Texas. Spent my childhood, and many adult years in Fresno / Clovis. Great National Parks, camping and fishing. Good place to grow up: in the 1950s!

Latest posts

Back