• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From Texas !!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We lived at the north edge of Williamsburg Colony, off Mason Road, from '85 to '97. We could still see the geese when they landed in the rice fields along Morton Ranch Road, as they flew to the Gulf Coast from Canada or to return to Canada. You could hear their wings flap when they flew over the house. Totally amazing!

Now, nobody grows rice anymore, which attracted the geese and the goose hunters, and the land is covered with houses and a Walmart, so I don't know where the geese land now.
The geese used to land in the Bear Creek area, to the east, until urban sprawl pushed them westward. I guess they land west of Katy now, or go farther south to the remaining open land.

Welcome to the forum, and prepare to tell us stories about your guns, and especially show us photos! We like photos!

Long Live Texas!

Brazos John,
I believe that the duck hunting has moved farther south and west. You are correct about the prior duck hunting in this area. We worked on wells all over this area !!!! The duck hunters were thick long ago !!!

Thank you for allowing me to join in with you. Absolute novice when it comes to black powder.
I have a .54 Great Plains rifle. It appears to be very accurate and seems to kill hogs well. Thanks again for allowing me to participate. I am hoping to be able to learn from all of you !
welcome

Latest posts

Back