• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Texas!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wasl introduced to black powder shooting as a teenager in the 70’s out at Philmont Boy-scout Ranch. Was handed a Hawken .35 for a turkey shoot and fell in love. Bought a Parker-Hale .58 double band percussion muskettoon which I still own. Recently purchased a Pedersoli .50 Hawken Traditional flintlock for Christmas. If there are any FL shooters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, I look forward to hearing from ya’ll.

I wasl introduced to black powder shooting as a teenager in the 70’s out at Philmont Boy-scout Ranch. Was handed a Hawken .35 for a turkey shoot and fell in love. Bought a Parker-Hale .58 double band percussion muskettoon which I still own. Recently purchased a Pedersoli .50 Hawken Traditional flintlock for Christmas. If there are any FL shooters in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, I look forward to hearing from ya’ll.
Check out the Dallas Muzzleloaders Club....lots of good guys. They have a monthly shoot down near Tool, a monthly meeting in Dallas, Rendezvous......

Aurora Blackpowder Club has a meeting every third Sunday. There is a primitive archery and traditional muzzleloader comp at each meeting. There is a FB page too.

I wasl introduced to black powder shooting as a teenager in the 70’s out at Philmont Boy-scout Ranch.

Welcome from Georgetown, We had the same introduction to muzzle loading. My first trek in the summer 1976, at Black Mountain camp. A 2 band Zouave musket placed in my hands and the smile from that experience has never left me. Wonder how many old muzzle loaders share that same introduction to our sport.

Welcome from another North Texan. I am in Denton County.
I love my flintlocks (and my percussions, and my handgonnes)
I also have an assortment of (%^$#@&^) that we can't talk about here but I get a lot of pleasure from them too.....
If you ever feel like a short road trip or find yourself in the Denton/Wise county area give me a shout.
I like shooting out at Fossil Pointe.

Welcome from another North Texan. I am in Denton County.
I love my flintlocks (and my percussions, and my handgonnes)
I also have an assortment of (%^$#@&^) that we can't talk about here but I get a lot of pleasure from them too.....
If you ever feel like a short road trip or find yourself in the Denton/Wise county area give me a shout.
I like shooting out at Fossil Pointe.
I will. Thanks for the invitation.

Back