• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello From Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy from The Woodlands!
They don't do the CW Weekend at Liendo any more, and it's getting hard to find a suitable place to shoot this close to Houston, so something like a rendezvous would be a hoot! It could be period, or just bring-what-you-got, or y'all suggest some guidelines. I just got me a pyramid tent that I'm itching to sleep in.
Those are my thoughts.
Like they say, YMMV.
Brazos

@hrt4me
Bet you never guessed a simple reply to an intro would get you so much attention did you?
Looks like another Texas legend is about to be born.
We are going to need to start up a thread in the Southwest region area and not overwhelm the intro area with our chatter.
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/forums/southwest.53/Louisiana and Arkansas need to be moved to the SW region - they are a lot closer than AZ is.

Last edited:
Brothers, I am getting some good vibes here. I dont do period dress, but would be more than happy to wear a straw hat and join you guys. I am more into revolvers and western style themes. Sounds like it could be fun for all of us. I am in. This is my last year to deer hunt, need something else less strenuous to look forward to. Old but not too old.
DW

Super Kool - and welcome to the forums.
I see your Uncle is from the Jersey area, sorry, every family has a black sheep somewhere.
But you are in TEXAS - :thumb::horseback:🤠
What part of our great State of Texas are you residing in?
I'm in the Denton County area.
Easy now, I'm from Jersey but I got people in Texas. It's kind of a dirty secret that Texans and Jersey Yankees seem to get along great. Must be because neither takes alot of sh1t and both feel like their states should be their own country! Lol

Easy now, I'm from Jersey but I got people in Texas. It's kind of a dirty secret that Texans and Jersey Yankees seem to get along great. Must be because neither takes alot of sh1t and both feel like their states should be their own country! Lol
LOL - Just funnin'
My Son in Law is a Jersey born and raised, converted to Texas freedom as well.
And he is pure Texan by heart now. He's been here quite a few years now (Long enough to give me some beautiful granddaughters).

welcome from Denton County, Texas

I had no idea we have so many Texans on the forums now; I may have to consider hosting a shoot get-together cookout at my ranch if y'all are willing to come
My son lives in Magnolia. This get together will give me another reason to visit Texas. I just found out I’m gonna be a grandpa so I have lots of reasons now.
I’ll bring the gator tail and fish.

My son lives in Magnolia. This get together will give me another reason to visit Texas. I just found out I’m gonna be a grandpa so I have lots of reasons now.
I’ll bring the gator tail and fish.

Oh wow, Texas is huge, as you know, and unfortunately my place is 4+ hours from Magnolia... where in Florida are you? I am currently working all over Dade and Broward counties

LOL - Just funnin'
My Son in Law is a Jersey born and raised, converted to Texas freedom as well.
And he is pure Texan by heart now. He's been here quite a few years now (Long enough to give me some beautiful granddaughters).
See what I mean? My best friend lives there 40 years now after moving from ND. He has a couple hundred acres in round rock. He raises cattle. There's a girl down there I let get away from me back in the 70s. If the opportunity ever comes back around to make that right, Ill move right back there in a hot second.

I'm getting real close to retirement and pondering how to spend some of the time so I decided to pick up something I really haven't touched since 1975. A group of us built Navy Arms Brown Bess kits which cost $212 with the bayonet. My uncle ran a fife and drum group out of NJ so we became reenactors, then college, then the USAF. Sometime in the mid 80"s I built a Dixie left handed rifle and now plan a rifle build with my son so I can hand down to him what my uncle taught me so many decades ago.
Welcome to a great group of people with tons of knowledge

I am getting closer to deciding I do indeed actually want to host a black powder shoot, get-together, cook out, swap meet at my ranch in northeast Texas (Hopkins County, between Sulphur Springs and Paris); I would like to hear what kinds of targets I should have available, as well as what distances you want to shoot... I have more than 3 dozen steel targets, as well as about a dozen stands to hang and mount paper targets

Last edited:
Welcome from an Okie who usually winters in South Texas [Mission] but not last year. Our poor little house there is sitting empty and crying. Polecat

Latest posts

Back