• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello From Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M1ashooter

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm getting real close to retirement and pondering how to spend some of the time so I decided to pick up something I really haven't touched since 1975. A group of us built Navy Arms Brown Bess kits which cost $212 with the bayonet. My uncle ran a fife and drum group out of NJ so we became reenactors, then college, then the USAF. Sometime in the mid 80"s I built a Dixie left handed rifle and now plan a rifle build with my son so I can hand down to him what my uncle taught me so many decades ago.

I'm getting real close to retirement and pondering how to spend some of the time so I decided to pick up something I really haven't touched since 1975. A group of us built Navy Arms Brown Bess kits which cost $212 with the bayonet. My uncle ran a fife and drum group out of NJ so we became reenactors, then college, then the USAF. Sometime in the mid 80"s I built a Dixie left handed rifle and now plan a rifle build with my son so I can hand down to him what my uncle taught me so many decades ago.
Sounds great. Welcome from East Texas.

Welcome Welcome. Along with Griz and fishmusic, where in the great Republic of Texas are you from? I am from the Ellis County area.
DL

Yes, I have steel targets out to 900+ yards, and I have a 20 yard wide by 30 yard long shooting bay with a plate rack, Texas star, dueling tree, and paper target stands... I also have plans to cut trails for a woods walk (but not done yet)... I have really only fired cap-and-ball percussion revolvers (and now a Lyman single-shot Plains Pistol as well), but I would like for someone to show me how to properly fire multiple shots in my first black powder rifle (Miroku Zouave)...

Last edited:
Yes, I have steel targets out to 900+ yards, and I have a 20 yard wide by 30 yard long shooting bay with a plate rack, Texas star, dueling tree, and paper target stands... I also have plans to cut trails for a woods walk (but not done yet)... I have really only fired cap-and-ball percussion revolvers (and now a Lyman single-shot Plains Pistol as well), but I would like for someone to show me how to properly fire multiple shots in my first black powder rifle (Miroku Zouave)...

Damn! Ok Ill bring several loaves of sourdough.

Latest posts

Back