• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been immersed in other things but have been getting enthused about the holy black again.
Have a GPR I built from a kit. Took the fishbelly out of it. I didn't know about the tang area needing modified when I built it, or I'd changed that also.

Built a 54 flinter from a Pecatonica(sp?) stock. It's patterned after a Henry. Not quite finished right now. Need to file in some dovetails for the sights and brown the barrel. It's been sitting quite a while, neglected actually. Need to get it finished up, but it's been a while since I've whittled out dovetails and kind of apprehensive.
Just acquired a 36 Seneca. It had "indian" tacks all over it. Got it reasonable $225.Got the tacks out and been steaming the holes, hoping they'd close up a bit.
50 cal Pedersoli Tryon rifle that I "stole" at a pawn shop.
Nothing but real black powder goes into them.
All of them shoot better than I can. Even without the sights, the 54 flinter seems to be repeatable.

Oh, almost forgot, I have a 36 squirrel rifle that I've been whittling on for many many years from a square block of wood.
It's got an old Douglas barrel and a Siler percussion lock.

I am an old hand rookie just saying hi again.
Welcome.

Texas, uuuummmmm, Texas......... Seems I've heard that name before. Oh I remember, I guy visiting for the first time saw and was told everything in Texas is big. He accidentally fell into the hotel swimming pool and all everyone heard was, "DON'T FLUSH! DON'T FLUSH!"

Welcome.

Texas, uuuummmmm, Texas......... Seems I've heard that name before. Oh I remember, I guy visiting for the first time saw and was told everything in Texas is big. He accidentally fell into the hotel swimming pool and all everyone heard was, "DON'T FLUSH! DON'T FLUSH!"
La Villa de Alburquerque. That's the co-capital of Mexico isn't it????? 3 Million people and only one grade school......(Stops at third grade)
NM resident to a Texas skier - If God had meant Texans to ski - he would have given them mountains.
TX resident to NM resident - If God had intended New Messicans to drive he would have given them oil......
At least there is enough water to fill a pool in Texas - there isn't enough in NM to fill a crapper.

Here is my Tryon rifle
It has gunbarrel colored hardware. I THINK it is a target model.

The only blemish is about 6 or 8 inches of barrel had some surface rust when I bought it.
I was considering selling this one, but not to sure.

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 51
  • pict.jpg
    pict.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 48
  • sideplt.jpg
    sideplt.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 45
  • cheek.jpg
    cheek.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 51
  • patchl.jpg
    patchl.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 46
  • brrl.jpg
    brrl.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
A couple shot of the Seneca. Look at wrist area you can see tack marks I need to do something with

Attachments

• Seneca.jpg
    Seneca.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Lock.jpg
    Lock.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 51
A few shots of the GPR.
I took the fishbelly out of the stock and had to rework the cheek piece so I put a little extra into it with a routing. Also made a heavier toeplate, the cheap one came off; screw heads fubared.

Attachments

• stock.jpg
    stock.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 50
  • lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 52
  • cheekl.jpg
    cheekl.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 46
  • lockplate.jpg
    lockplate.jpg