• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from southwest Virginia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigpat271

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,
New here but not to muzzleloaders. I’ve owned several sidelocks and a couple revolvers. My favorite was my Thompson Center Renegade .54cal and a Uberti 1858 Remington. Had a accident with a Muzzleloader a few years ago. I mistakenly put modern powder in a Traditions sidelock. Well it piped bombed right where my left hand was. Lost half my hand, broke my jaw, shrapnel all over my body. Three months in the hospital and 4 months of rehab. Regrettably I sold all my firearms. So now I’ve gotten over my trauma with much effort. Now I’m looking at muzzleloaders again.

Welcome from Maine. You could do a lot of good posting on ML forums and on facebook. Photos of your injury and your rifle would be powerful!
Nit Wit

Welcome from Maine. You could do a lot of good posting on ML forums and on facebook. Photos of your injury and your rifle would be powerful!
Nit Wit
Ok, I don’t have a picture of the rifle. It was disposed of while I was in the hospital. But here’s the picture of my left hand the moment they brought me into the ER
ABFAA807-C67A-479F-9137-CC13EEEC9C95.jpeg

Welcome from sunbelt. thank you for your Brave Testimony which
will save others. Never store or shelve smokeless with Black powder
and its substitutes. Keep them apart. i pray God heal you totally.
Please post your progress as you re-enter our sport.
I pray Jesus totally and completely restores your health. Amen

Hello,
New here but not to muzzleloaders. I’ve owned several sidelocks and a couple revolvers. My favorite was my Thompson Center Renegade .54cal and a Uberti 1858 Remington. Had a accident with a Muzzleloader a few years ago. I mistakenly put modern powder in a Traditions sidelock. Well it piped bombed right where my left hand was. Lost half my hand, broke my jaw, shrapnel all over my body. Three months in the hospital and 4 months of rehab. Regrettably I sold all my firearms. So now I’ve gotten over my trauma with much effort. Now I’m looking at muzzleloaders again.

Welcome from the Richmond area,

Do you live down around Roanoke, or perhaps closer to the border?

Very sorry to hear what happened to you, but glad to read you have recovered.

Gus

Ok, I don’t have a picture of the rifle. It was disposed of while I was in the hospital. But here’s the picture of my left hand the moment they brought me into the ER
View attachment 106260
now that is graphic & a wake up call to pay attention. glad you are on the mend. never seen an after action photo like that!?

Hello,
Your return to the sport speaks to the spirit that has sustained this country for 250 years….Welcome, and more..

Latest posts

Back