• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Hello from somewhere in your east.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erwan

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Good evening to everybody,

After reading of a lot of fora I'm here today just because here all is about the muzzle loading rifles and of there use and this is very interesting...

For the other things about me is not really matter important to say something pretty fine: I'm an old guy, Im a BP shooter since sixty two years now but my experience and learning are far different of yours: I'm an old Frenchman French at 50% Dutch.
I am in charge of training beginners in black powder shooting in a french shooting club and seeing what is practiced elsewhere is very important to me to compare... .

If I can't write and explain everything in the right way at the first time I apologize in advance....

Wishing that there would not be too many mistakes and that I would be understandable.

Erwan.

Thank you all for your reception.

To answer Gene L. just two words... ;)

Regarding the black powder shooting in France, you just have to imagine that the MLAIC rules are the are the only possible and admitted ones, this and a lot of laws stacked on top of each other. Add to this that black powder is more and more difficult to find and more and more expensive (~$110.00 for the Kg plus shipping charges) and that the substitutes are banned, that the manufacture and sale of BP is a state monopoly and you will have a brief glimpse of the pleasure of shooting here, moreover there are very few young shooters with old weapons and the average age is sixty years and certainly more.

If you want shoot with old traditional weapons and/or clones don't come to Europa there i'ts beginning of the end for it.
Now new fashion is above all the collection and the Italian clones hanging on the walls or in exhibition windows and the wonderful Glock and the Mosin Nagant or other magnificents arms (moderns of not) of this kind for shooting.
That's the new way of shooting and the old fashion weapons have no more place.

Anyway, I'm not here to talk 'bout my/ours problems but to read and see how th people live ther passion for the their passion for muzzle-loading rifles and other paper or flax cartridges (like Sharps rifles for example) on the other side of the pond.

Erwan.

Hi, LANEY REECE. ;)

A Patrick Thomas,
Merci pour l'accueil et pour le petit bonjour en français, tu écris bien le français pour un américain et ton pseudo...... :D
Tu es un expat. ? ;)
Bonne journée.

"" To Patrick Thomas,
Thank you for the welcome and for the little hello in French, you write French well for an American and your nickname........ :D
You're an expat.? ;)
Have a good day.""

Erwan.

Hello Erwan, welcome and I'm a new guy here to. I'm also an old guy. I'm kind of if new to BP but I have extensive experience with firearms having served in the infantry for a number of years.

Nice to meet another French collector. I do most of my antique firearm purchasing from France because they are so much easier to find over there. Even with the cost of shipping overseas it is much cheaper. I think between the language barrier and the shipping is enough to scare off a lot of American buyers.
cdlt
Sam

Latest posts

Back